The number 666...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bohica, Nov 28, 2005.

?

Would you return plates that had the "666" number combination to the DMV?

1. Yes, I would get rid of them.

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. No, I would just keep them.

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  1. bohica

bohica New Member

Would you return plates that had the "666" number combination to the DMV?

2. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

No just turn them uoside down and you have the emergancy number over here in the UK :rolleyes:

De Orc :cool:

3. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

No and I used to eat in a restaurant called top of the three 6's in new york city. The address was 666 and the restaurant was on the top floor. Now does that make me a rightwinger or a leftwinger?

4. rick

rick New Member

our zipcode is 666xx here in topeka.

makes sense, if you really think about it.

5. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

How about it makes you a devil person LOL

De Orc :hatch: :eat:

6. Krasnaya Vityaz

Krasnaya Vityaz Разом нас багато

I guess you are in a pocket that is NOT in the Bible belt :loud:

7. rambozo

rambozo New Member

i was born with a birthmark in the hape of 666 on my back. is this bad? :mad:

8. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Check to see if you have another one upon your scalp.

9. Danr

Danr New Member

Iread somewhere that an old copy of rev said 696 not 666.

10. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Did you know that 666 is one of the 2 lucky numbers of the Pope of Rome? The other lucky number that can be associated with the Pope of Rome is the number 13.

Aidan.

11. ajm229

ajm229 New Member

You know, I think I remember reading something like that, too.

12. smithrow1

smithrow1 New Member

666 never bothered me and I wouldn't worry about it.

13. peachymargarita

peachymargarita New Member

What we all need to worry about is "333". That would be the mark of the semichrist. Man i love that that joke! :p Seriously, I'm laughing right now.

Oh well, I guess it is just me.

Michael

14. Danr

Danr New Member

No really it is funny :)

15. peachymargarita

Finaly the validation I never received as an only child!!!
    Will you be my friend? :p

16. OldDan

OldDan New Member

You bet I will Mike, and how is that old northern colorado beet farmer doing these days? Know the area, and sat for many years watching "Nun" grow. In fact they named Eaton for my great grandfather who (at that time) owned most of the land in and around that area.
    So nice to know you and hope you are with us (or against us) on these topics of earth shattering matters. :hug:

17. OldDan

OldDan New Member

Maybe this explains why he believes it is lucky:

"And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." (Rev. 13:16-18)

The letters inscribed in the Pope's mitre are these: Vicarius Filii Dei, which is the Latin for the Vicar of the Son of God, [Latin for "Vicar of the Son of God"]. If you take the letters of his title which represent Latin numerals (printed large) and add them together they come to 666.

V = 5 +
    I = 1 +
    C = 100 +
    AR
    I = 1 +
    V = 5 +

F
    I = 1 +
    L = 50 +
    I = 1 +
    I = 1 +

D = 500 +
    E
    I = 1 = 666

The publication show how to add the name up to arrive at 666, and their math is obviously correct. (Note that a U is the equivalent of a V in Roman numerals.)

This connection between Vicarius Filii Dei and 666 is anything but new. The first person known to make this connection was Andreas Helwig in 1612 in his book The Roman Antichrist.

18. ajm229

ajm229 New Member

Wow. I never knew that. You learn something new every day! Thanks for sharing, Dan!

19. OldDan

OldDan New Member

This is an invitation to indulge in some numerology. Numerologists routinely deduce numbers from dates and names, and see meaning in these numbers. And, down through history, people have found the number 666 in many people's names (the Pope, Martin Luther, Hitler, and many others), and accused them of being the beast or Antichrist (not necessarily the same person).

This practice goes on today. So, who is the beast? That depends on who you fear, apparently:

* Al Gore
    * Prince Charles
    * Kissenger (notice the spelling)
    * Hitler
    * Saddam
    * Bill Gates
    * Mikhail Gorbachev

How did Prince Charles get on the list? Actually, it is not particularly difficult to find 666 in almost any name or person.

Pick a name at random, how about Abraham Lincoln. Numerologists often use this code: A=1, B=2, C=3, ... I=9, J=1, K=2, ..., S=1, ... As you can see, we are using Z=26 and are Casting Out Nines. Doing this, ABRAHAM LINCOLN becomes a 6, as does ABE LINCOLN. He died on the 15th of the month (4/15/1865) which is also a 6. And he was the 16th president, which has a 6 in it. Typically, we search for further 666's: ABE = 8 = (6+6)(0.6666666...). We can also find further 666's in "U.S. President," the "Gettysburg Address," and the "Emancipation Proclamation."

This can be done for virtually any world leader, past or present. It can, very probably, be done for myself or Danr. What pathetic beasts!

Incidentally, let me pick a number, how about 17. 17 = (6+6+6+...+6)/6 with 17 sixes inside the parentheses. Are you impressed? :rolleyes:

20. peachymargarita

Thanks Dan. Just thought I would pass this along being that very few would understand. I over heard a guy at work the other day say these exact words " I can't move to Eaton, it's getting to big." So now I'm trying to find what town he could possibly want. Timnath? :rolleyes:

By the way, stop sending all you wind down here. It's getting chilly.

Happy hunting,

Michael