The Tea Party is Over!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, Jan 8, 2013.

1. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

And good riddance to bad rubbish. So much for astroturf. Something like 90 percent of the Tea Party financial support came from millionaires and billionaires. And who were their shills? Old angry white Republicans. Once a shill, always a shill.

The Tea Party is more unpopular than ever before, according to a Rasmussen poll released Monday, with just three in 10 voters holding favorable views of the movement. Half of respondents said they view the party unfavorably.

Those numbers represent a considerable dive in support since the Tea Party's heyday in 2009, when a majority of voters rated it favorably.

Many of the Senate challengers with Tea Party backing were defeated in 2012, and the movement suffered another PR blow after a falling out among the leadership of the Tea Party group FreedomWorks.

Although most members of the House's Tea Party Caucus were reelected in November, the group had some high-profile losses, including the defeats of former Reps. Joe Walsh and Allen West. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), the chairwoman of the House Tea Party Caucus, barely retained her seat.

The movement is now widely seen by the public as declining, according to the Rasmussen poll -- 56 percent of voters said the Tea Party became less influential over the past year, and just 8 percent said they identified as part of the Tea Party movement.

The Rasmussen survey used automated phone calls to survey 1,000 likely voters between Jan 3. and Jan 4, with a 3 percent margin of error. Rasmussen had one of the most pronounced pro-Romney house effects of pollsters active during the 2012 election.

Other polling conducted since the election has found similar results when looking at the Tea Party's popularity, but with a larger number of people saying they agreed with or were part of the movement. A CNN/ORC poll conducted in November also found that half of Americans viewed the Tea Party unfavorably, actually a modest improvement from the movement's standing in late 2011.

A December poll from Politico/GWU found that 21 percent of likely voters identified with or considered themselves part of the Tea Party movement. Polls from CNBC and Kaiser in November both found that about 20 percent of adults were supporters of the movement.

2. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC Donald Trump For President In 2020

Here. Allow me to remind you of something:

2 people like this.
  3. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

And there is this one;

2 people like this.
  4. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

Lil joe is a world class ass clown, isn't he? You know the old saying, just let a liberal talk enough & his true identity will surface.

5. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

It would appear in an uncritical reading of the OP that it was entirely written by JoeNation. That appearance is incorrect. Most of the post is actually copy-pasted from an article from the Huffington Post. People may think that this insistence on citing sources is just a pet peeve of mine, but it's actually more than that. Copyright laws exist, and this site is subject to them.

That said, the numbers from various polls, as mentioned in the article, seem to agree in portraying a decline in the popularity of the Tea Party movement. The creepy and delusional statements made by some of the most prominent candidates backed by the Tea Party in the recent election might have something to do with that.

2 people like this.
  6. JoeNation
    Angelic

Oh I still do not trust them. There most likely is less support for the Tea Party freaks than they are reporting.

7. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

If you don't trust them and if you think they're "always wrong", don't cite them. That's hypocritical.

8. rlm's cents
    Hot

On this, I completely agree with you (although I have learned the Teddy always quotes other sites). I even went through the owner (the administrator "doesn't know American law") and was basically told he was going to handle it at first, but that quickly turned into he would do nothing.

9. JoeNation
    Angelic

No dumb dumb. I simply adjust their numbers down. They are merely predictably inaccurate.

10. JoeNation
    Angelic

I have said before and will reiterate again that citing sources is fine with me but sort of pointless with this group. They can't qualitatively determine the validity of one source from another. They live in a right-wing echo chamber where the only valid sources are the ones that agree with the beliefs they already have. In the case of this post, Rasmussen was the only source that would having any meaning for them. The fact that the Huffington Post cited Rasmussen would lessen their belief in even a formally trusted source. So I figure why bother citing them.

11. rlm's cents
    Hot

I guess that would fall in with burning the capital building - BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH AGAINST THE LAW! But then the law does not appear to have much to do with your actions/reactions.

2 people like this.
  12. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

If you're going to copy and paste, at least try to quote your source. If you don't trust the source, don't even quote them.

13. JoeNation
    Angelic

Lecture someone else that might actually give a rat's ass about your opinion.

14. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

15. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Just based upon what I see locally I believe the Tea Party is losing steam. Big time.

Seems they have the "answers" but don't we all? It's the solutions to the answers that they lack.

3 people like this.