This "Move on" talk is ridiculous

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, Jan 9, 2021.

1. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

As I watched news coverage of the events that unfolded on Wednesday, and then also tuned into this forum, I keep hearing the same damn thing from the Right... "We need to move on." "We need to come together and heal." Blah! Blah! Blah!

Here we are only three days on the other side of an act of sedition and insurrection fomented by the head of the Republican Party, a handful of Republican Senators, and dozens of Republicans in the House of Representatives, not to mention several Republican State Senators, and they would have us just move on.

Seriously?!! You seriously want to just put this behind us and forget that it happened? I'll bet you do. Would that work out for you personally?

Come talk to me about healing and moving on when you have quit the party of seditionists and move on but not before. 45% of Republicans polled supported the insurrection.

Tell me which side of the sedition party you fall on before trying to tell me to move on.

2. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

I'm very angry with those who forced themselves into the Capitol Building.

Still, show me the words spoken by Trump which, not twisted, misconstrued, misquoted or taken out of context, mean go get your guns and forcibly take Capitol Hill.

3. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

another homework assignment

4. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Nice rant..... I have been ranting about our elected leaders wasting our time and money a whole lot longer than three days. Yes, I am a businessman. Yes, I work very damned hard to earn a living. Next Friday I will mail my quarterly financial fix for the government to waste in excess of 30k..... Yes, I am damned sick of these people wasting it. Quite simply stated, if I do not produce, I do not earn a wage. If these do nothing jerks don’t produce, they have not a damned thing to be concerned about. You better damned well believe I am beyond tired of it. This makes as much sense as shooting Hitlers burned body when it was found. But you waste the bullet because it makes you feel good. Hell damn yes I am SICK to death of these people wasting my money. I damn well know I work circles around the whole lot of them. So rant on. I could give a damn.

5. JoeNation
    Angelic

I think that you might be under the impression that this sedition is finished. I understated your motivation for doing everything you can to change the subject away from the huge number of seditious republicans and their leader but we are only in the first round. You want to believe that these insurrectionists are yesterday's problem because you aren't bothering to listen to them. When people like these say something, you should really listen. But please, by all means, throw a tantrum about your precious money. Let me know if I need to send you a few bucks man.

6. toughcoins

The donkey ate the homework . . .

7. Mopar Dude

I’m not Frydaddy. I do have a little horse sense about me here and condescending tones reveal unflattering things about you.. Send your few bucks to your elected leader. They can certainly spend it far less efficiently than I can..... You know I find that people that do not embrace thriftiness are people that tend to receive a guaranteed income. Usually supplied by the government in one form or another. Oh, they say that they earn it but few genuinely produce anything tangible much less concern themselves with providing an income for others. Yes, the rest of us truly work for our money. The rest of us have to worry about things like a poor economy because our income isn’t a guaranteed government paycheck so being thrifty becomes quite important. So then it becomes intolerable to me that my elected leaders can waste the fruits of my labor so easily..... So go ahead and unload a clip or two in Hitlers dead body. After all, it makes you feel good and that’s what’s important. Certainly has nothing to do with wasting the ammo that somebody else paid for.

8. JoeNation
    Angelic

You come off as one soft-headed dude. The words, the tweets, the speeches, are all public record. Which ones do you have an issue with...specifically? See, I can ask you the same question. Now you have a homework assignment. You can start with the mob members that have already admitted that they believed Trump wanted them to attack the proceedings. They had enough warning to bring bombs, guns, nooses, shields, handcuff-zip-ties and military gear. I think Trump's messaging hit its mark.

9. JoeNation
    Angelic

I am sorry for making you have to confess your terrible financial woes in an open forum. I do hope that you have enough to put food on the table and gas in the car. Suffering financial hardships is a hellva burden. I wish you success in the New Year.

I've done many, many things in my life. I loved some things, I hated other things I did but I tried them anyway. I guess the one thing that all these experiences gave me is the perspective that all work is honorable and fulfilling and nobody can take that away from you no matter how high the horse they ride.

$$$$

10. Mopar Dude

So you do not find it wasteful to utilize our entire body of government to further kick a down man that is a whisper from being gone? Since the financial aspect of this is folly to you, consider you have a nation in the throes of a pandemic. Could their time not be better spent working toward that end? Stop obsessing over this man. He succeeded in doing himself in. The FBI already has him in their crosshairs. He is done already. Obsess over something useful and productive already.

11. FryDaddyJr

12. toughcoins

Gee, thanks JN . . . Coming from you, that means an awful lot.

Those that brought weapons to DC did so of their own volition. Trump did not ask them to, or even imply that they should . . . While he encouraged them to stand up for what they know to be right, to make their presence known to Congress, to cheer for those contesting the election results, he said nothing to incite violence.

Homework? You accuse him of sedition . . . where is the evidence?

The homework is yours . . . those who marched to the Capitol, but did not hurt anyone, did not enter, and did not damage property have nothing to fear. They went there and did exactly what Trump wanted . . . to make their presence known, and no more than that.

Only the extremists that broke the law, and did so of their own inclination - not because of some alleged Trump-encouraged riot - they alone are responsible for the killings, the damage, the broken laws.

The acts of the extremists were reprehensible indeed, but average conservatives have absolutely no reason to be back on their heels.

13. FryDaddyJr

stochastic-terrorism

there's your homework assignment, mr softhead

14. JoeNation
    Angelic

What you are using for an excuse is the rioters themselves which I can totally agree that they are responsible for their actions and they will be dealt with by law enforcement. They are not congresses problem. Trump is their responsibility. They detailed their complaint and I can find no fault with their charges. Can you? If so, please point out which ones you disagree with and remember, the rioters are one issue, Trump is the other. You don't get to use one to excuse the other. They are both guilty as hell. Here are the details:

Impechment 2.0.png

15. toughcoins

[​IMG]

The mob, an isolated group within the total number who President Trump encouraged to march to the Capitol, was not incited to bring weapons, to riot, to physically interfere with the certification, or even to trespass inside the Capitol by president Trump.

The only thing the president did, which was neither illegal nor unethical was to encourage the larger, peaceful group to gather outside the Capital and make their displeasure known. That they did . . . legally.

One-sidedly as the authors tried to write the complaint, it does a very poor job of telling what really happened.

16. FryDaddyJr

17. JoeNation
    Angelic

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the term incitement at least as the US code is defined.

18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

I think they can prove their case. I think he definitely set them on foot.

Trump closes with this: "We're going to walk down Pennsylvania Ave ... and we're going to [try] to give our Republicans -- the weak ones because the strong ones don't need any of our help -- we're to try and get them kind of pride and boldness they need to take back our country"

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  18. FryDaddyJr

This week’s Trump terrorist attack was not random. It wasn’t an accident. It was planned, aided and abetted by certain members of the police, the military and the Republican party. And it was only the dry run. This violent attack is not over.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  19. FryDaddyJr

20. FryDaddyJr