To what degree do you think this is true?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, Feb 26, 2021.

1. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

I mean, given what they have already shamelessly supported through Trump.

image.jpeg

2. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

the GOP wants slaves who barely get by and who depend on their job for health care

3. JoeNation
    Angelic

With so much support among both Democrats and Republicans, you have to kind of wonder what the GOP's motivation to oppose this stimulus package might be other than self-interest. They don't want Democrats to win.

4. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I saw where this was voted entirely along party lines. Sadly it seems more of the same is in store for the next four years. I am very much not a fan of partisan politics. Either direction. I am also not much of a fan of broad generalizations like the comment above. I haven't been a fan of any of the stimulus packages that have been put forth. But then I realize that I have been blessed to not have to need stimulus assistance. However I am fully aware that many do need the help so I keep my big trap shut about it. But I fear the long term impact of printing baseless cash will be a burden that our kids and grandkids will bear long into the future..... No, I don't think the GOP is aware that Democratic policy will save the world any more than I believe the Democrats believe that GOP policy would. It's simply two sides of the coin. An obverse and a reverse. But the coin still spends the same.

5. FryDaddyJr

The Government is only there to help out billionaires, right Aint Bee?

6. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Your ability to taint a reasonable discussion is astounding. My direct response to your imbecilic comments is simply this. The government exists to govern. That’s all. If you need them to blow your nose, have at it..... I came to this site to learn, not to quibble with children. I pity the elder statesmen in your family. I pity anyone that crosses your path that doesn’t meet your twisted standards. When you do finally grow to maturity, you may finally realize that happiness and contentment is different for each person that walks this planet and none of them will ever meet your imbecilic standards.... Thank you, I have had enough. Sadly, my attempt to reach a hand out in this insane political environment is finished here. It is now your playground to post meme after meme about fat boys, old people, meat eaters and whatever else drives your basement fantasies.

7. FryDaddyJr

8. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

Replace "GOP" with "DNC" and "jobs" with "government" . . .

It's easy to succomb to the temptation, and ask for / receive all that makes one feel good.

It's hard, but dignified to provide for oneself in the face of such temptation.

9. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

The first big ticket bill coming from a newly elected Democratic Administration usually has less to do with the title of the bill than it has to do with a payback to supporters who got them elected. This one we can call the NEA Entitlement Bill. Education and failing cities get two-thirds, chump change for the masses, and small businesses can take out a loan which you better be prepared to payback with interest.

10. toughcoins

Yeah man . . . mismanage the liberal cities into near bankruptcy, and then force the conservatives to pay for it.

We want more of that!

11. FryDaddyJr

sounds more like Texas and Kansas.

12. toughcoins

. . . and less like San Francisco, New York and Chicago, I suppose.

13. JoeNation
    Angelic

There are just times when the government must step in for the good of the country. A 100 year pandemic, the economy in shambles, and the swelling ranks of people forced into poverty through no fault of their own seems like a good time to act.

Remember when Republicans passed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017? Trillions of dollars added to the deficit when there was no crisis whatsoever. They bragged that the economy was doing great under Trump, unemployment was at historic lows, corporate profits were setting records, but they felt the need to cut corporate tax rates anyway. The corporate tax rate was changed from a tiered tax rate ranging from 15% to as high as 39% depending on taxable income to a flat 21%. Apparently, prosperity was a better time to stimulate the economy with trillions of dollars in giveaways to the wealthy than in the midst of an economy that has been devastated by a world-wide pandemic.

You have to marvel at their priorities. Tax breaks for the wealthy GOOD. Tax breaks for the rest of us during a pandemic and economic collapse BAD! Why would anyone pay any attention to anything Republicans have to say about anything? Their shamelessness is as mindboggling as their lack of decency. Seditionists.

14. toughcoins

Bailing out a sinking liberal ship is not for the good of the country. What . . . make it painless for the constituents of those giveaway politicians? If we relieve them of the well-deserved pain, they'll just elect the same failed "leaders" all over again. The last thing we should be doing is rewarding bad management and indulgent electoral choices.

Agreed, but limit the solution to problems directly linked to the pandemic.

The increase in the budget deficit in 2018 was not due to a revenue shortfall. 2018 revenue was actually higher than for 2017. The increase in the deficit is completely attributable to increases in spending. A little reading for you . . . https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...who-are-the-winners-and-the-losers-2020-02-11

15. FryDaddyJr

it's not a trump ship after 4 years??

16. toughcoins

Context FD . . . context.

SF, NY and Chicago are certainly not Trump ships, nor are they conservative ships. They are abject failures of liberalism.

17. FryDaddyJr

and Texas and Kansas and all the southern states are GOP failures.

18. toughcoins

And they aren't begging the feds to compensate for their mismanagement . . . or being spoon-fed money by disingenuous liberal politicians.

19. FryDaddyJr

20. JoeNation
    Angelic

I think that what bugs me most about this place is that people state their opinions as if they were facts. Just because you believe something, doesn't make it true. I wish people here were a little more fact-based instead just opinion or partisan dependent.

Fed Funding.JPG