Top military advisor secretly had Defense officials take an oath blocking Trump from launching nucle

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FryDaddyJr, Sep 14, 2021.

1. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

Top military advisor secretly had Defense officials take an oath blocking Trump from launching nuclear war without his OK: report

General Mark Milley, President Donald Trump's top military adviser and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, assembled senior military officials in charge of the National Military Command Center two days after the January 6 insurrection, telling them they were not to take orders from Trump if he were to launch a nuclear attack unless Milley was involved in the decision-making procedure.

The revelation comes in the new book, "Peril," by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa, according to CNN.

Milley was "deeply shaken" by the January 6 insurrection, CNN reports, and "'was certain that Trump had gone into a serious mental decline in the aftermath of the election, with Trump now all but manic, screaming at officials and constructing his own alternate reality about endless election conspiracies.'"

"You never know what a president's trigger point is," Milley told his senior staff, according to the book.

"No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure," Milley told the officers, according to the book. He then went around the room, looked each officer in the eye, and asked them to verbally confirm they understood.

"Got it?" Milley asked, according to the book.

2. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

Milley's done...he's gotta go.

3. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Setting aside the events of the election and January 6th and having been on a hot nuclear launch site for four years of my adult life..... I believe what the General has done here is willfully admitted to committing a treasonous act. Either that or he is creating a false sense of drama to sell books. Honestly, if the call comes in to the president that birds are aloft and coming in hot, there is no time to consult the Joint Chiefs. Just wow.... I am stunned that a General would say such things in print regardless of the current national climate.

ddddd, Profiler and yakpoo like this.
  4. charley

charley Active Member

Wait for the Paul Harvey end to the story, before everybody jumps the broom and is officially married.

5. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

Well said! ;)

Mopar Dude likes this.
  6. charley

charley Active Member

THE CJCS is not in the Chain of Command in the nuclear launch authority. Neither is the VPOTUS, Speaker of The House or the Senate majority Leader. In fact, there is no legal method to stop POTUS....short of the 25th Amendment, which would be disastrous in a surprise attack against us.... from issuing a launch Order, nor is there any legal method to not comply with the Order. POTUS ma consult with anyone he/she wants to, but is not legally required to do so.

DOD and CJCS can legally dilly-dally all day and week long if they choose to concerning a non-nuclear retaliation Order form POTUS, but NOT nuclear launch Order.

This will turn out to be author hype scenario and then be blamed on misinterpretation and/or not said in that manner, or the person that supposedly said this happened is a big fat doodoo head, or will be a he said he said no he didn't blarney.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  7. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

This is all part the Left's effort to dismantle the "Unitary Executive"...which is not a "theory".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitary_executive_theory

Article 2, Section 1, Clause 1, Sentence 1...
    "The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America."

8. charley

charley Active Member

Wikipedia is fine, However, I would suggest the premier source of what is and what is not legal, via Dr. Vipin Narang, MIT.

I know. There was a time (no humblebrag intended or claimed...just fact) that I was Launch responsible, and Yankee White. Once Yankee white always Yankee White. Accordingly, I preferred not to be executed for Treason because I refuse a POTUS Launch Order. If the biscuit code matches, off the Birds go.

yakpoo likes this.
  9. charley

charley Active Member

Now I hear that the "story" has been expanded to be even more titillating: the claim is another senior General (not named) was so scared that he called his PLA Red Chinese counterpart to assure him everything will be done to stop POTUS, and in the event that there is a launch, this General would call and warn the Red Chinese.

This story has all the makings of a good movie. Hmmm, I remember something like that, a couple of them, actually, with a cowboy pilot and a POTUS talking to his Soviet counterpart, all serious like, in a little room with a glass of water and an interpreter while NY gets a boomboom.

Little Joe, did you have your Reddit Army plant this stuff?

10. ddddd

ddddd Active Member

It does almost seem like a narrative meant to mislead. The question then, who is behind it and what is the end game? Is it as simple as riling up one side with fake news and then pulling out the carpet and saying "gotcha"?

yakpoo and charley like this.
  11. charley

charley Active Member

Concur. I do not know of, and have NEVER encountered a CJCS, or any other Officer, whether Jr., or Field Grade or Command and General Staff, that would have enacted a Military Coup scenario of 7 Days in May.

These are not stupid persons, and would not even entertain violating UCMJ 103b or Article 88. The consequences are dire, very dire.

I can understand a possible occurrence due to a mentally incapacitated event. not in this issue, though.

The current CJCS does have a reputation of presenting an air of the smartest guy in the room. He is not the first. But stupid he is not.

The smart move is ask the Sergeant Major of the Army, SMA Grinston. There is nothing he would not know or have experienced or been aware of in some fashion, and would have lowered the boom immediately on such treasonous behavior.

The equal smart move is ask General Kellogg. He was in the White House when this supposedly occurred, next to the CJCS. My guess is he will call 5 Pinocchio's on this fable.

I am in the this story is BS camp.

As to who? The authors and their track record that has been an obvious lookatme history, especially since the last beg hurrah, All The Presidents Men. Woodward has been writing Alice in Wonderland krap for the last 45 years, so he could keep being invited to the Beltway cocktail parties.

PRODUCE THE TAPES, WOODWARD, of these supposed conversations. I am no fan of the current CJCS, but I can not be convinced he would commit Treason. Nope.

Move on.

ddddd and yakpoo like this.
  12. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

Do you have a reference for that?

13. charley

charley Active Member

NPR report yesterday.

This morning, it is being re-attributed to the CJCS, instead of "another" General.

14. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

People in DOD leadership are buying into this Critical Race Theory nonsense. That's scary! :eek:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    charley likes this.
  15. charley

charley Active Member

I know, right? The AWC in PA. is a daily pizzed off battle field. The Field Grade Officers, don't like this SECDEF push at all. Not at all.

yakpoo likes this.
  16. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

I found it for you...:)

17. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

None of this would have been necessary or absolutely imperative if there wasn't an unstable narcissistic megalomaniac with his finger on the button who once asked why we just don't nuke our enemies. The military stepped in and did what neither the electorate nor the political class could do. They saved our bacon from the most delusional moron ever to set foot in the Oval Office. I, for one, am grateful that there were people like General Milley keep an eye on the orange lunatic. If you feel otherwise, - Edited - .

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2021 at 7:15 AM
  18. charley

charley Active Member

Good Lord, Little Joe.
    Your ignorance of how a Federal Republic works, is astounding.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2021 at 7:14 AM
  19. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Joe... Your response while passionate does not consider the military ramifications of the actions. Military orders must be followed without passion or personal agenda. And there is very sound reasoning behind that. The simple fact is that if the call came in to the White House that the enemy has launched their arsenal, the time does not exist to go around the room and ask everybody's permission. If in fact that General did what was said, he very seriously jeopardized our national security. Whats more is now our enemies are aware that one renegade general claims that he can put our nations nuclear arsenal in a no-go position. There was absolutely nothing good about this, Joe. So - Edited - back at ya.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2021 at 7:18 AM
    ddddd and Profiler like this.
  20. charley

charley Active Member

Thank you, but PBS is a different medium than NPR. NPR has a substantial news dept., and is radio centric. PBS is viewer centric. The 2 never the twain meet.

yakpoo likes this.