trump Calls The White House A Dump, Prefers To Live Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IQless1, Aug 1, 2017.

1. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

Trump told golf club members that the White House is 'a real dump'

By Olivia Beavers - 08/01/17
    The Hill

President Trump has reportedly denounced his White House digs, telling members at his Bedminster golf club that the historic presidential residence is "a real dump."

The president made the remarks to his patrons in an effort to explain his frequent visits to his New Jersey-based golf club, Sports Illustrated reported Tuesday.

2. JoeNation
    Cheerful

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

I agree with Trump. He should live elsewhere. Prison would be nice.

3. IQless1
    Blah

4. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

The Trumpster's idea of elegance and sophistication is a weird combination of 1980s McMansion and Dictator Baroque with furniture by Trinity Broadcasting. When confronted with a Neo-Classic Georgian country house with a restrained Federalist interior, "this is a dump" would no doubt be his reaction.

He might want to check out some of Saddam Hussein's palaces in Iraq. He would find them more to his taste.

5. IQless1
    Blah

trump is gaudy. He's extravagant but tasteless, freakishly obscene. As an art project, I'd view trump as something demented and only fit for display somewhere where I'd rarely have to view it, like an outhouse.

6. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

I can admire the gaudy, the tasteless, even the freakishly obscene. Done right it is art. It is a form of satire. Or mocking, as you like. But in order for it to work, it has to be done knowingly. You need to know that the perpetrator understands the joke. Otherwise it is just, well, sad. And belongs in the outhouse. Somewhere below the hole.

As for extravagance, I have a hard time with extravagance.

7. JoeNation
    Cheerful

I think the word here is Kitsch without the sentimental connotation of course.

8. IQless1
    Blah

I can appreciate trump for what he is, but I don't have to like him. He's a uniquely horrid man, and that helps define those terms. Without uniquely horrid men, how would we know what unique was, or horrid, or man? I'm describing the basic function of how we define things, that we can't define "good" without "bad", for example. In that sense, he has worth, he has a value that I can appreciate.

On the less cerebral side, he's just another horrible republican, someone who's values are not my own. He's greedy, selfish, immature, belligerent, spiteful, and just to say something nice, possibly autistic.

On the strategic side, he's just what the Democrats need, not in their party, but as a tool to help win future elections. His behavior is harming the whole of the republican party brand, and the benefits for Democrats are obvious.

So, thank you Mr. trump, for being who you are. You're being a tremendous help for Democratic efforts to win future elections. Now @#$% off soon, ya hear?

9. JoeNation
    Cheerful

He really sets the standard for horrid. Every barrel needs a bottom.