Trump is IMPEACHED!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, Dec 18, 2019.

1. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

I read this tweet a week or so before the impeachment vote. Given that the House Republicans completely ignored 17 impartial witnesses that all corroborated each others testimony with zero witnesses refuting them, and given that the corrupt Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch "turtle" McConnell has promised that there would be no difference between the White House position that the majorities position on impeachment, and given that McConnell doesn't see himself as impartial, the Senate trial would be a complete miscarriage of the duties of the Senate to faithfully fulfill their Constitutional duties and hold an impartial trial, this tweet by someone who should know makes a lot of sense politically.

JohnDean.JPG
    FORMER NIXON WHITE HOUSE COUNSEL.

Contrary to what some seem to think, the Constitution doesn't require the House to "immediately" refer impeachment to the Senate. It is silent on the process and timing and, in fact, doesn't require the House to refer the Articles to the Senate at any particular time or even at all.

However, the Senate rules on impeachment require the Senate to begin action "immediately" after receiving notice from the House that impeachment managers have been appointed. When such notice is received from the House, the rules require the Senate to "receive" the managers to present the articles and upon presentation, the Senate must begin the trial at 1:00 pm the day after the presentation. https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CDOC-99sdoc33/html/CDOC-99sdoc33.htm

2. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Well-Known Member

John Dean is on your team, Joe. He's been a sore head with an ax to grind against the Republican Party since Nixon threw him under the bus. His political opinions mean nothing.

3. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Joe.... I could so lay the pet names on Nancy and friends. However I will rise above that because I believe it doesn't add to the discussion. Say what you will, Mitch McConnell is quite the astute fellow if you ever give him a fair listen.

Now as I see this thing, the impeachment process carries with it some ceremonious pretenses. And no, there is no set time allotment for the documents to be presented to the Senate..... However, there are some rumblings that Ms. Pelosi is attempting to dictate the Senate's proceedings to some degree. I personally find that to be somewhat inappropriate. Her work here is done. Now the documents need to stand on their own merit for the Senate to do their work. It appears to me that the delay is prompted based on her ability or inability to persuade the Senate's proceedings. I can't see that in any other light than political grandstanding.

JohnHamilton and SmalltownMN like this.
  4. SmalltownMN
    Doh

SmalltownMN All I can do is shake my head....

If the case to remove Trump from office were so ironclad as is being hyped up by the left, why would they not send them to the Senate posthaste?

JohnHamilton and Mopar Dude like this.
  5. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer de omnibus dubitandum

Becuase they know that the Senate won't remove him. The Senate will not play by the House wishes

6. JoeNation
    No Mood

Let me put it this way since I can not think of a better way to frame it myself....

cult.JPG

7. JoeNation
    No Mood

When it comes to McConnell, ceremonious pretenses, fairness, and even Senate precedent are utter BS. When it comes to McConnell, the idea of an impartial Senate trial is not in the cards by his own words. I don't think McConnell has any right to expect others to follow any kind of precedent given his examples and Pelosi is certainly not obligated to abide by his wishes. McConnell is a bigger problem than even the amoral idiot in the White House. The do-nothing Senate is the fault of one man or turtle depending on your party of choice. That man/turtle is Moscow Mitch. I couldn't resist.

8. JoeNation
    No Mood

If McConnell was on a jury the same as you or I.

jury.jpg

9. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

I've read articles from Christianity Today for over a decade now, to better understand how the Evangelical Christian movement thinks. It's one of the main mouthpieces for that movement, and has consistently promoted right wing values. Now some dingaling is telling me it's "leftist." God bless his heart.

"Trump Should Be Removed from Office" | Christianity Today

JoeNation likes this.
  10. JoeNation
    No Mood

Denial is strong with these types.