Vaccine Mandates

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yakpoo, Oct 18, 2021.

1. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with vaccines. Until I have reason to feel otherwise, there seems to be sufficient controls in place to ensure safety and efficacy. Still, only one vaccine (Pfizer) has been approved for non-emergency use, there are documented side-effects, and millions of people have natural immunity. There seems to be no medical justification for a mandate.

On the other hand, we have an Administration that came to power by propaganda, fraudulent investigations/impeachments, and election fraud. Against all available information, they're pushing a vaccine mandate that's costing millions of jobs. This seems like it has nothing to do with COVID...and everything to do with limiting the workforce to support unions and drive up wage inflation.

Unions want Democrats’ reconciliation package, and they want it bad
    By ELEANOR MUELLER 09/20/2021 10:00 AM EDT

FULL THROTTLE: Unions are spending liberally and lobbying fiercely in an effort to get Democrats’ multitrillion-dollar social spending package across the finish line.

The motivator: The legislation would create millions of jobs, many with pro-union stipulations that could boost membership. But on top of that, it also includes several provisions — many drafted with the help of union lobbyists — that would make it easier for workers to organize, like giving the National Labor Relations Board sharper teeth and empowering it to conduct union elections online. Both of those policies are also included in the Protecting the Right to Organize Act — an overhaul of U.S. labor law Democrats drafted to resuscitate tapering union membership, which is currently stalled in the Senate.

Big spenders: Unions were unable to provide specific numbers on how much they’ve spent on advertising backing the package, in part because the cash often went toward much broader campaigns. But some digging by your host found that AFT, the AFL-CIO's largest affiliate, has spent more than six figures on ads supporting the bill. NEA, also one of the nation's biggest unions, spent seven figures on a digital ad campaign promoting the legislation, along with other bills. And SEIU announced Sept. 14 that it is doubling the amount of money it’s spending on TV and digital ads from $3.5 million to $7 million. (The union is also part of a coalition behind a $10 million campaign supporting the White House’s broader infrastructure proposal.)

In their words: “Labor is not only all over supporting it, it has helped craft it,” American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten told your host. "We're going to fight like hell in this homestretch," SEIU President Mary Kay Henry said in another interview.

Zoom out: The text has yet to overcome a significant hurdle: the Byrd rule, which allows only spending-related legislation to move through the reconciliation process that Democrats intend to use to pass the bill. Should it survive, how much the language in the spending bill could really boost union membership remains to be seen. Even a best-case scenario would likely fall short of the organized labor renaissance Biden campaigned on. And unions are still spending heavily to get the PRO Act passed, a sign of acquiescence that broader reform will still be necessary. Yet labor experts on both sides of the employer-worker spectrum say that, if enacted, the provisions will be the biggest pro-union change to U.S. labor law since the National Labor Relations Act in 1935.

https://www.politico.com/newsletter...ciliation-package-and-they-want-it-bad-797690

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  2. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I don't know, Yakpoo.... The only reason this is such a big issue is because it is politicized so. We don't get up in arms because our kids have to be vaccinated for school. And heaven knows I'll never forget standing in line getting inoculation upon inoculation my first day in basic training. I still to this day don't know what the US Army plugged into my arms. Apparently one inoculation was an anti-virus for Hep-C because I have the Hep-C antibodies and that prevents me from giving blood!

The downside to this thing is just so devastating and I have lost two friends to this virus. I have another close friend whose wife is a school teacher. He feels like he is sending his wife into a war zone each morning and I totally get it. Man, I am ready to see us defeat this this. We are America and we lean towards the victors. We won't be victorious over this thing until we depoliticize the issue and people can rely on their common sense to do the right thing rather than being up in arms over which political leanings drive their passions.

3. charley

charley Well-Known Member

General Colin Powell has died at Walter Reed from complications due to COVID. The General was fully vaccinated. Make of this what you may. The impact he had, as Commanding General and as Secretary of State, while not without controversy in both positions.
    However, I remember him as a very bright competent Major when he was Asst. Chief of Staff @ Americal, and his rescue of General Gettys and 3 other troops, after a helicopter crash he survived. He had one tough luck of the draw at HQ, when he drew the straw to be the investigating Officer of My Lai.

It is more than enough for me that he served in Indian Country, and did so with distinction and bravery. I knew of his Punji Stake injury when he was MACV in 62, but I did not know of him then because it was 4 years before my time.

To be DRT from COVID and after being fully vaccinated, is an insult, I think, and he deserved to give it up in a manner that bespoke his contribution to us. I am a bit miffed at God, this morning.

yakpoo and Mopar Dude like this.
  4. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

I got the same basic training vaccines. The justification for a mandate is if the vaccine makes one less viral. These new vaccines don't stop the illness; they stop the deadly immune response. Vaccinated people are equally infectious as unvaccinated people after a very short period of time. That's why they mandate masks for vaccinated people.

"The study shows that people who become infected with the Delta variant are less likely to pass the virus to their close contacts if they have already had a COVID-19 vaccine than if they haven’t. But that protective effect is relatively small, and dwindles alarmingly at three months after the receipt of the second shot."

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02689-y

Mopar Dude likes this.
  5. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Active Member

I remember walking through a line of medics in basic and was shot in both arms. I felt like a pin cushion when I completed the walk of pain. I decided to not get the Covid-19 shots at the beginning, before they were available and am still Vax free. My Doctor's want me to get the shots. I'm living on borrowed time, considering my issues and personally believe I would be tempting fate should I get shot. My life, my choice, at least for now.

StankyBoy and yakpoo like this.
  6. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

I just got the one shot. I'm sure it's wore off by now. I've gone to the fist bump and wash my hands regularly. That seems to be the appropriate response for now.

7. StankyBoy

StankyBoy Active Member

I must say - with what I'm gathering you should consider at least one. Most of the issues seem to arise from the second shot from what I've heard (the heart issues, etc)

However I am entirely a proponent of medical freedom - I had mine stolen from me even though new stats show I may potentially have higher risk of illness from the vaccine than having any real problem from the kung-flu.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  8. Robert Ransom

It's all Fauchi"s fault. If he had not been playing with GOF, China would not have had a leg up to create the Pandemic, which in my opinion, was purposely loosed upon the world.

Mopar Dude, yakpoo and StankyBoy like this.
  9. StankyBoy

StankyBoy Active Member

Very well could have been. I for sure don't know.

A disease that attacks the overweight, diabetics, elderly, smokers, alcoholics, and more. o_O
    Sounds like a great way to shift the US socially and economically enough that the dependency on China grows. I assume it wasn't on purpose, but it certainly is oddly convenient.

WHO Europe:

Mopar Dude, Robert Ransom and yakpoo like this.
  10. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

We knew this early on, and yet liquor stores were designated as "essential businesses".

11. StankyBoy

StankyBoy Active Member

My grandparents couldn't attend church, even masked,

Recreational marijuana? Open,
    we don't really have liquor stores around here, but yes, those were open too.

yakpoo likes this.
  12. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I couldn't attend church until late in 2020 and I live in a decidedly conservative state.

yakpoo likes this.
  13. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

There are so many contradictions that it's hard to take any of this seriously. Police officers, teachers, nurses are fired for not being vaccinated, but there are no vaccination requirements for migrants.

It would be funny if ICE made vaccinations a requirement...and all the migrants returned home. :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  14. Robert Ransom

It wouldn't happen because all would gladly get the shots. Where else can you freely assimilate into a nation and have that government see to your needs. And, don't forget mail-in ballots.

yakpoo likes this.