Vaxed or not.

Discussion in 'Chatter' started by Robert Ransom, Jan 21, 2022.

?

Vaccine, yes or no?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Active Member

Go you think everyone should get the Covid vaccine and if so, why or why not?

2. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC T R U M P - 2 0 2 4

Yes, I believe everyone should get the vaccine.

President Trump did a wonderful job initiating Operation Warp Speed to get the vaccine created and distributed as quickly as possible. For the most part, I think the vaccine works even though it's not 100% effective at prevention, I'm certain that's it's saved many lives. On the other hand, I believe it has cost several people their lives. Because of that, the vaccine should not be mandatory, but should be a personal choice.

Robert Ransom likes this.
  3. Robert Ransom

Austria has mandated Covid-19 vaccination for all with a few exceptions. At least we still have a choice.

4. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

I have no problem with people that decide not to get the COVID-19 vaccination. I only have a problem with those people when they show up in public spreading their disease to the rest of us. It's one thing to say that you should have a choice to either be vaccinated or not and quite a different thing to say that even though I am not vaccinated, I want the right to spread a deadly disease throughout the public commons as I choose. So it isn't the first choice I have a problem with. It is all the other choices that come after that first one that I have an issue with. Tell me exactly how many people you've met that are not vaccinated but stay completely out of the public square. I'm sure that you can't even name one. Selfish, self-centered, uncaring, self-absorbed hypocrites that think they are special. I hope they all die in absolute agony gasping for their last gulps of air as they leave this planet. People like them do not deserve to live among the rest of us.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  5. Robert Ransom

Tell us how you really feel!
    So, do those unvaxed people who, mask up and venture forth of necessity fall into the "hope they all die" category? Are you really that shallow and callous? You really are a clown!
    InkedScreenshot 2022-01-07 at 18-17-11 A year later Partisan Lines_LI3.jpg InkedScreenshot 2022-01-07 at 18-17-11 A year later Partisan Lines_LI3.jpg InkedScreenshot 2022-01-07 at 18-17-11 A year later Partisan Lines_LI3.jpg InkedScreenshot 2022-01-07 at 18-17-11 A year later Partisan Lines_LI3.jpg InkedScreenshot 2022-01-07 at 18-17-11 A year later Partisan Lines_LI3.jpg

6. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

You bring up a different issue completely and just assume my response. How special. I never said that but feel free to put words in my mouth to make yourself feel better. It's kind of childish clown behavior but you're entitled I suppose.
    Unfortunately, the reality of the free-DUMB crowd extends most often to also not wearing masks since the Right-wing nuts have politicized the entire pandemic as freedom vs. government overreach. People that feel they have the right to not be vaccinated usually also feel the right not to wear masks because of, you know, FREEDOM! So rather than assume my response and immediately rely on childish name calling, maybe you could share with us how many unvaccinated people like yourself religiously wear masks, social distance, and religiously wash their hands. Again, I am not so much wishing for the death of these unvaccinated idiots as I am wishing to see their lifeless disease spreading bodies removed from the public sphere, where they are willfully infecting others through their own stupidity and callousness for the safety of others. Shallow and callous describes them perfectly.

7. Robert Ransom

My response to your post was based upon YOUR unqualified words.
    The answer to your question is: My wife, myself, two nieces and three nephews.

8. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

You’ve got it backward Joe.

If you want to wear a mask, if you want to get vaccinated, if you don’t want to go out in the public square because you don’t want to get sick, those are all your choice. Masks or not, vaccines or not, that is how Mother Nature intended things, and you can't beat Mother Nature.

As much as you want to control what others do, it's not yours to control.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  9. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I am vaxed as well as my wife and daughter. I have had a Covid outbreak in my office the last ten days that took down five of my guys. All but one were vaccinated…… I would like to get a booster but am a bit confused on my status. I know I am supposed to wait 90 days after my bout with Covid but haven’t been able to figure out what the antibody infusion does to change that picture if it does at all. In my sick haze I seem to remember the infusion nurse answering that question for me but I sure don’t remember. I plan to ask my doctor at my check up in two weeks. I want to stay as ahead of this thing as I can.

10. Mopar Dude

I think I see the problem with you Uber-lefties…. You really don’t think any differently than I do at the core. However you have ordained yourself, judge, jury and executioner…. And somehow, you don’t seem to recognize any fault in that.

Robert Ransom and toughcoins like this.
  11. toughcoins

I too wear a mask outside the home, am fully vaccinated and boosted, and hope that others will do the same.

However I vehemently disagree with the liberal premise that those who opt not to do the same should somehow be restricted in their equal access to public places or medical care.

12. Mopar Dude

I am trying to remember….. Back in the 1980’s did we pass judgment this harshly on gay folks when everyone was terrified over the AIDS virus?

Robert Ransom and CoinOKC like this.
  13. toughcoins

There were isolated incidents, yes, but nothing nearly so widespread as this. That wasn't about political control back then . . . this is.

Robert Ransom, CoinOKC and Mopar Dude like this.
  14. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

Before left-wing whacky liberals start wishing death upon the unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, I believe the Biden administration should fully define what "vaccination" is and quit flip-flopping. I know people who are unvaccinated who are not COVID positive. On the other hand, I know people who are so-called "fully vaccinated" who are sick as dogs. I'm certain there are many liberals who think they are "fully vaccinated" and ARE positive and are still out spreading their deadly germs.

CDC plans to 'pivot the language' on vaccination, Walensky says

January 22, 2022

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said during a Friday briefing that the agency is working to "pivot" its language regarding what it means to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Responding to a question about why the CDC is not changing the definition of the phrase to include a booster dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, the health leader told reporters that it is working to "pivot the language to make sure that everybody is as up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines as they personally could be, should be, based on when they got their last vaccine."

"So, importantly, right now, we’re pivoting our language. We really want to make sure people are up to date. That means if you recently got your second dose, you’re not eligible for a booster, you’re up to date. If you are eligible for a booster and you haven’t gotten it, you’re not up to date and you need to get your booster in order to be up to date," she added.

Previously, Walensky and others had stated that the definition of being fully vaccinated would not change from those who have received their primary series of their COVID-19 vaccine.

"So, individuals are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they’ve received their primary series. That definition is not changing," she said during a Jan. 5 White House COVID-19 Response Team briefing. "But consistent with how public health has historically viewed or even talked about how we recommend vaccines, we are now recommending that individuals stay up to date with additional doses that they are eligible for."

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Director Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNN on Friday that the CDC had not updated the language because their recommendations are about "how well you are protected rather than a definition."

"It becomes almost a matter of semantics," he noted.

"One of the things that we're talking about from a purely public health standpoint is how well you are protected, rather than what a definition is to get someone to be required or not required," Fauci added.

CDC data shows that 210 million Americans are now fully vaccinated. 83 million have received a booster dose.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-plans-to-pivot-the-language-on-vaccination-walensky-says

15. toughcoins

You're right, but it's more than just their germs that are deadly . . . their ideology is too.

Lie flat, do no work . . . let's all wait in protest for the heat, the food and the water to run out.

Robert Ransom, CoinOKC and Mopar Dude like this.
  16. toughcoins

The election of these leftist fools to maintain our freedom is a dangerous contradiction which I fail to comprehend how our electorate overlooks.

Robert Ransom and ddddd like this.
  17. ddddd

ddddd Well-Known Member

There are plenty of people who face more risks than rewards from the vaccine, especially the younger generation. Myocarditis is a serious issue. We also don't have any data of what the vaccine will do to one's health over a long term (5 years, 10 years, etc) while we do know it's protection from the virus wanes over a much shorter timespan than that (as can be seen with the rush towards boosters).

This really is a case by case decision and it's not possible to say everyone should get it.

Mopar Dude, CoinOKC and Robert Ransom like this.
  18. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

For those people who died from receiving the vaccine, what would the “pro-mandate, anti-liberty” crowd say to those surviving family members if they had to look them straight in the eye?

Don’t get me wrong here. I’m very much pro-vaccine and believe everyone should get it. But if you’re going to mandate it and force it on the citizens of the most freedom-loving country on earth, then you can kiss my freedom-loving ass.

Robert Ransom, ddddd and Mopar Dude like this.
  19. ddddd

ddddd Well-Known Member

They would ignore those people just like they do with all the minorities across the US being negatively impacted by leftist Soros funded non-prosecuting DAs.

Mopar Dude and CoinOKC like this.
  20. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

Here's an interesting article. Please take note of the section I've highlighted in red below. I find it funny that the Trump-hating, loony lefty says that her "[left-wing friends] are just as divisive as Trump." LOL....! I find biden much more divisive than Trump, but I suppose each person has an opinion of their own. As long as everyone is giving their opinion, obama was considerably more divisive than Trump. Hell, Abraham Lincoln was more divisive than Trump. But, I digress.

These folks are entitled to their opinions and feelings. If they're against the vaccine mandates, more power to them.

Some Democrats, Republicans link arms against vaccine mandates

January 24, 2022

HUNT VALLEY, Md. (TND) — Some Democrats and Republicans are linking arms against vaccine mandates.

One of the most prominent voices in the movement is Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., nephew of former President John F. Kennedy, and son of former Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy. Kennedy Jr. endorsed Democrat Hillary Clinton for president in 2007. He now serves as the chairman of the board and chief legal counsel for Children’s Health Defense, which has criticized COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine mandates.

Kennedy spoke at an anti-vaccine mandate rally Jan. 23, where many protesters appeared to align with the political right — sporting pro-Trump and anti-Biden paraphernalia. The rally drew thousands from across the country to the nation's capital. Several protesters said they were unvaccinated and opposed to mandates.

“The mechanisms are being put in place that will make it so none of us can run and none of us can hide,” Kennedy said during the event.

Silicon Valley entrepreneur Steve Kirsch also spoke at the rally. In a recent substack newsletter, he says he “was wrong about the Democratic party,” saying the party no longer shares his core values. According to MIT Technology Review, Kirsch contributed $1 million of his own money to a COVID-19 Early Treatment Fund, from which all 12 board members later resigned, after he claimed that the COVID-19 vaccines are dangerous.

In a December interview, Los Angeles filmmaker Jennifer Sharp told The National Desk she “hates Trump” and would describe herself as “super liberal.” But on vaccine mandates, she finds herself agreeing with the other side.

“I'm seeing my left-wing friends being absolutely, ridiculously against unvaccinated people hating them and saying, ‘They deserve to be left behind,’” she said. Sharp also disagrees with Biden’s criticisms of unvaccinated people. “That's just as divisive as Trump,” she said.

One rally attendee from the Chicago area, Natalie, said she doesn’t strongly identify with either party, but she’d probably lean right. She was placed on unpaid leave from her airline job for being unvaccinated and declined to publish her last name since she’s technically still employed.

“My policy is, ‘Live and let live.’ Let me do my thing, you do your thing,” she said. “But that doesn’t seem to be an option anymore.”.

She says she attended the rally because she believes mandates are unconstitutional and because she likes to be around people who are “on the same page.”

“The more people that see that we’re not the only ones, we’re not crazy, we’re not ‘abnormal’ if you will there’s power in numbers,” she said.

Rally attendee Brian VanDussen is a West Michigan resident who works in construction. He plans to run for the Michigan state senate as a Republican.

I am anti-mandate. I am for freedom of choice,” he said. “The government can’t force things on the people, no matter what it is. That’s not what the Founders intended it to be.
    For the most part, Democrats and Republicans are starkly divided on the issue of vaccine mandates, with 82% of Democrats and 26% of Republicans saying they think vaccine mandates are acceptable, according to a December CNN poll.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/co...epublicans-link-arms-against-vaccine-mandates

ddddd and charley like this.