Watch this video before you shop at Wal-Mart again

Discussion in 'World Events' started by PTD, Oct 6, 2008.

1. PTD
    Fiendish

PTD Administrator Moderator

It doesn't get much lower than this.

2. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

I take it the medical insurance was classed as part of her wages from wall mart? reason I ask this is Nikki is taxed on her private (Work) health plan. If so then what right have wall mart to ask for her settlement? have they no concept of how bad they have made themselfs look to the world, I have to say that I find the entire thing disgusting and feel so sorry for the family involved.

3. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

I believe this lawsuit has been droppped. They were "shamed" into doing so.

I don't think old Sam Walton envisioned this. He's probably still turning in his grave.

4. Andy

Andy New Member

Old Sam Walton created the idea of building a all in one store, open it up in a small to medium size community, Have seriously lower prices from buying leverage to undercut the small business in the area, watch those business fold, then slowly raise his prices till it is not much savings compared to the orginal middle class family owned stored that are now out of business and Walmart is the only game in town,

Old Sam really was not that nice of a guy, shewd business man but a real SOB to tens of thousands small business that he sharked out of existance,

5. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Beg to differ. Sam Walton did NOT come up with the idea he imported it and he cared a damn lot more than his kids do.

It probably goes back further but the French had "hypermarchees" well before any WalMart hit the U.S. "Hypermarkets" where one could buy just about anything.

Was he an opportunist? Of course. He started off with an idea (albeit used I surmise) and ran with it. May have turned into an SOB for all I know but the kids are even worse.

Now it's just a matter of big business. They provide jobs to the middle class and all should be thankful for that.
    So we lose the occasional, hard working employee to a horrible accident then sue them for money when we find a loophole. GO CORPORATE AMERICA!

Did you realize that you just argued a Liberal point? Where did all of those small businesses go?
    Of course they shouldn't be taxed for that. They're successful.
    Always good to know the Chinese have jobs.

....and people wonder why so many are so pissed off here.

6. cbennett

cbennett New Member

Just so horrible.Never knew Walmart is this screwed up.

7. invictus

invictus New Member

Wal Mart sufficiently embarassed to let the money go.

8. invictus

invictus New Member

I could have sworn that WalMart used to be all about Made in the USA. Didn't they once tout how many US products were on their shelves? I haven't heard that line in over a decade. They should fly a big red flag over their parking lot.

9. rld14

rld14 New Member

Yep "Bring it Home to the USA" What a load of crap. I remember when I was in College in the early-mid 90s in Illinois.. Wal-Marts (Where I grew up in NJ we thankfully didn't have the things and to a degree still don't) used to hang banners showing how many local jobs they created.

Now good luck finding anything in the store not made in China.

10. craig a

craig a New Member

Becasue of the bad press. Walmart changed its mind and doesnt want any of the settlement. This is old news.

11. scottishmoney

scottishmoney ┬┐Quien sabes?

The curious thing about Wal-Mart and China is that there are Wal-Marts there too. They are rather high priced, but if you are a westerner you like the selection etc. There they tout, get this, "Made in USA" because people there actually equate with Made In USA with quality and status.

Too bad we don't feel the same way.

12. Stu Joe

Stu Joe New Member

Not too surprising on the last part since things Made In China are gaining a reputation for killing people.