What animals do you like to hunt?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by craigG, Dec 9, 2005.

1. craigG

craigG New Member

What animals do you like to hunt?

I like hunting rabbits, squirrels, and crows. My cat can't post here so I'll do it for her. :D She catches a ton of mice and rabbits. She :eat: and leaves fur and bones all over the place. :D

Regards,
    CraigG

2. bohica

bohica New Member

Be vewy qwiet, I'm hunting wabbits.

3. craigG

craigG New Member

OK, Elmer. :D

4. Bonedigger

Bonedigger Another Wandering Celt

Antelope, Deer, Pheasants, and Grouse

Bone

5. OldDan

OldDan New Member

For as far back as I care to remember, I have hunted every thing that they issue license on to hunt, and then some. Hunting is the part that I like the most and why I continue to participate. I have been known to place a couple of rounds in my pocket and go out the door hunting. At the end of the day, I return, put my rifle away and sit down to a good meal of either beef or buffalo steak.
    It is after the Hunting that I'm not very fond of. After the critter is down, you have to dress out your kill. Not very exciting and it can be quite a burden packing out the meat. Then you dress the carcus and start deboning the parts, rubbing salt etc. into the meat. Cutting it into the desired cuts of meat and then trying to get the wife to cook it, is something else around our place.
    NO, any more I only go hunting when I can get someone to take what was killed and do the work preparing the meat. That is the only way to go, unless you take along a good camera and get some great shots with it. Works for me!

6. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Unfortunatly I cant go hunting anymore :( not that there is a lot to hunt in London well legaly any way LOL Use to enjoy hunting game like phesants and rabbits but then there was allways the odd fox to find (No real big game in the UK)

De Orc :kewl:

7. craigG

craigG New Member

How could you hunt in the U.K.? I thought all weapons were banned in Britain.

Regards,
    CraigG

8. quick dog

quick dog New Member

I have not been deer hunting in a couple of years because hunting season coincides with the winemaking season. Priorities. Secondly, I am getting soft in my old age. I am resigned to feeding deer, not killing them. I never got into bird hunting because there is so little meat per bird. I don't keep small fish. Pretty wimpy.

That said, I have lots of guns, shoot routinely, and like to sneak around in the forest. Some of the draw to camping and hunting has diminished because I live in the forest and see this stuff all the time.

I wish we had elk and big deer around here. I hate to pay through the nose to go to Colorado for deer. You can buy some pretty nice Angus beef or that much money. Killing stuff is easy and not very fulfilling to me.

9. craigG

craigG New Member

If you like to sneak around in the forest, why don't you do paintball or something?

Regards,
    CraigG

10. Andy

Andy New Member

Or get an associate pass out drunk and then use their gun to hunt paintballers?

11. craigG

craigG New Member

Huh? Why would you want to do that? :D

12. tcore

tcore New Member

I don't really care for hunting myself. Been there, done that a couple of times. I have no problem with others hunting, just not something I'm into, partially for the same reasons OldDan mentioned (the afterwards part). However, I love to shoot and hopefully will be able to do it more soon.

13. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC Donald Trump For President In 2020

I go hunting at the local Albertson's. Hunting for just the right cut of meat is quite a challenge. Also, hunting for all the good sales is another challenge.

As far as me taking the life of another being, nah, I'll leave it to the experts at the local packing plant.

14. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

No all guns are not banned in the UK I hunted regular up until abput 15 years ago when I moved to the city, one of the benifits of living in rural Wales was hunting. It is now quite a lot harder to optain a firearms permit over here especialy for handguns and rifles but shotguns in a farming comunity are a normal thing.

De Orc :D

15. Skylark

Skylark New Member

The only think I hunt are those savage Jackalope. :goofer:

[​IMG]