What are your thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by De Orc, Dec 28, 2013.

1. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

2. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC T R U M P 2 0 2 4

Nothing unconstitutional about it. Go for it!

3. justafarmer

justafarmer Well-Known Member

My thoughts are - the left is going to push legislation requiring background checks, registration and require purchases only from Federally Licensed 3-D Printer Dealers.

4. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

Sounds like Right-wing heaven. Untraceable, easy to distribute, cheap and plentiful. More, more, and still more guns on the streets with zero accountability. That IS Right-wing heaven for sure.

5. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

People have been making their own firearms since the 1700's. Anyone with the knowledge and half way decent machine shop can produce working weapons, however, unless you are planning on dropping $250,000.00 on a CAD/CAM mill, making the barrel and combustion breaches are impossible without going old school on a hand lath. Current home 3D printers primarily use a plastic layering technique, which you can make handles and stocks, but that's about it. This is just more fear based marketing for a bigger and better police state.

3 people like this.
  6. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC T R U M P 2 0 2 4

The liberals will try anything to restrict (or abolish) your rights. They're rather Nazi-like that way. But, they're so stupid they don't realize they're infringing on their own rights, too. Stupid, stupid liberals. Hopefully, we have only another year of a liberal majority in the Senate until this country can get back on the right track. If conservatives can take over both houses of Congress, Obama will be a lame duck for his remainder of time in office. People are tiring of the liberal agenda (Obama's poll numbers reflect that). 2014 and 2016 are shaping up to be very good years for conservatives.

7. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

You nailed it!

8. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

AR15's are kinda wimpy. How about a flame thrower? Can I print one of those? A bazooka? A tank?

2 people like this.
  9. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

"Louie used one to two dollars’ worth of plastic to print the gun part. After printing the piece, known as the lower receiver, Louie shelled out another $400 to $450 to complete the gun with unregulated parts he got from Amazon.com."

So all he did was print the lower deceiver? Yawn. That is not exactly earth shattering.

And he got an AR15 barrel off of Amazon? Really?

10. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

11. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

12. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

Is it really a gun or does it qualify as a pipe bomb?

13. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

They can print metal now:

http://www.appropedia.org/Open-source_metal_3-D_printer

14. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

Cool, they use a tigg welder instead a plastic injection tube. Not recommended for your home office use.`I guess the days of desk top manufacturing are creeping up on us. If you click some of the related video links there are a few of people working on plastic guns with some success, so I guess we are in for a round of draconian laws to limit and regulate the use of 3D printers. Now you need to ask yourself 3 simple questions;
    1- How many of your friends have been murdered with fire arms lately.
    2- How many times have you had a gun in your face.
    3- How many home invasion robberies a month do you experience.
    If your answer is 0 or none, don't worry about it. If your answer a 1 or more, I'd get a 3D printer before they get outlawed. Do they have any that will print out kevlar body armor?

15. IQless1
    Blah

Corporations and other lobbying groups will insist on it...probably already have lol

I wonder how good the parts will be though. Take expensive car-parts...I wonder if they'll be safe to use if they're printed (and possible annealed and such later) versus other manufacturing techniques (like milling). Lawyers are probably going to have fun with this stuff...they always do. :oops:

Two. Odd questionnaire though...almost like it had an agenda. :p

16. IQless1
    Blah

(fixed quote issue above) :rolleyes: