Y'all wanna hear a shocker?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by stainless, Aug 5, 2008.

1. scottishmoney

scottishmoney ¿Quien sabes?

Interesting how one could refer to themselves as a "Christian", yet be so consumed with discussion of homosexuality and some other religious belief. One does wonder that all said discussion by said individual is perhaps a mask of his "true" colour?

It even turned out that J. Edgar Hoover was a cross dresser with a boyfriend, some of the biggest bigots are masking their inner insecurities.

2. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

It's obvious to me!

3. invictus

invictus New Member

Aidan, you're a veritable font of unintended DOUBLE-ENTENDRES! First you use the alternately-meaningful term "primate," and now you add "spade" into the mix. Do you have some latent hatred of black people underneath your religiosity?

Freud would have had a field day with you!

You're too funny. Too funny.

4. scottishmoney

Give credit where credit is due, he knows enough to look up double entendres on the internet, he likely is too cerebrally challenged to have come up with them on his(her?) own.

5. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Invictus,the expression,'to call a spade a spade' is another way of expressing things frankly.

As for hating black people,nothing can be further from the truth.I have friends who are black,& they are Muslims,as they are from both Somaliland & Somalia.

Aidan.

6. Isa

Isa Yasu

I thought a spade was a small shovel.

7. invictus

invictus New Member

So your deck of cards has diamonds, hearts, small shovels, and... shamrocks?
    :p

8. invictus

invictus New Member

Wouldn't calling your quotes "double entendres" presuppose an acknowledgement of your primary meanings? It seems clear to me.

9. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Invictus,it is YOU who is confused,as to where I am coming from.A lot of sayings are very common in both British Commonwealth English (which New Zealand English is a dialect of) & British English (which is where British Commonwealth English comes from).

To call a spade a spade is to tell things as they are - ie: the truth.It has nothing to do with the gardening tool at all.

The term 'Primate' is an ecclesiastical term,especially in Protestantism,but mainly applies to Anglicanism.

Aidan.

10. Isa

Isa Yasu

Who says that I play with a full deck?:)

11. scottishmoney

Shamrocks, our resident Irish fan from NZ would love that soo much.:eek:

12. Isa

Isa Yasu

My shamrocks are magically delicious....or as I like to call them my lucky charms.

13. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

I'm not of Irish descent,actually.I'm of Scots descent,which is a huge world of difference.

Aidan.

14. scottishmoney

They are both Gaels. You discuss the Irish so much, you surely are a fan of them.

15. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

I actually have a good friend who comes from County Armagh,&,yes,she is a fierce Protestant like me.

Scots are mostly Protestants,whereas,the Irish .

It is all a load of bull that the Scots & the Irish get on well.I've met quite a few Scots who hate the Irish,as the Irish are barbarians anyway!

Aidan.

16. scottishmoney

What a bunch of hogwash, some of the greatest of Irish patriots were Protestants, Theobald Wolfe Tone, and Charles Stuart Parnell were indeed quite Protestant all the while being Irish nationalists. Parnell was even on the Republic of Ireland £100 note.

My family history is of Scots and Scots-Irish ie Northern Ireland, I don't hate Catholics or Protestants. Actually I am convinced the only ones going to hell are the persons damning others to hell. Religion have no greater accomplishment than the division and derision of people that would otherwise find they have much in common. I find that any religion which consumes itself with others rather than it's own brethren and self examination is not a true Christian belief.

The same goes for any such individual consuming themselves with professing opins with regards others with whose lifestyles, personal beliefs are more consuming than the lifestyle by example which the enlightened individuals of this world have aspired to.

17. stainless

stainless New Member

[​IMG]

18. Isa

Isa Yasu

I don't know. I have tasted good scotch and I like Irish whisky but I think I stick with Propel.
    What do you drink Aidan? Is it Foster's or do they have another kangaroo beer down there.

19. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

David,
    You're forgetting that Ian Paisley is more of an Irish patriot than Theobald Wolfe Tone ever was,even though Ian Paisley is a native Ulsterman whose mother was a Scot.

As for Charles Stuart Parnell,he favoured the establishment of an Ireland within the U.K.,but with a bicameral parliament in Dublin - an Irish House of Commons & an Irish House of Lords.

Douglas Hyde,the first of 2 Presidents of the Dominion of Ireland (1937-49) who was in office from 1938 until 1945,was a Protestant,as was Erskine Childers,who was a President of the Republic of Ireland from 1973 until his death in 1974.

Another thing that you are forgetting,St. Patrick was a Scotsman,& in a sense,can be regarded as being the first Protestant.

Aidan.

20. Isa

Isa Yasu

Last time I read the financial papers it seem as if Ireland is doing pretty good in both north and south why even the prices of homes soured and new construction was everywhere. The bombs stopped and people are living in peace. Of course I am sure some members of the IRA are actively engaged in crime, etc but lets face it we will never have eden as long as we have people.

"Another thing that you are forgetting,St. Patrick was a Scotsman,& in a sense,can be regarded as being the first Protestant"

Um was he not alive and dead before Martin Luther and by quite a bit of time. Didn't he use the three leaf clover to expain the holy trinity and is he
    not a big time saint in Ireland or at least in the Irish community in the USA.