You Gotta See This...4th Grade "Science" Test

Discussion in 'Religion' started by JoeNation, Jun 3, 2013.

1. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

It's OK to have your own views but when you are actively making kids ignorant of the world around them....Well, then you venture into Right-wing world.

South Carolina Christian School Fourth Grade Science Quiz

View attachment 1707

View attachment 1708
    The source of this quiz is the father of the student who took it. He will not identify the school until June, after his daughter finishes the school year there, after which she will move to another school. Snopes rates this item as "probably true. I'm pretty much speechless here. Plus, the test speaks for itself.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/...na-Christian-School-Fourth-Grade-Science-Test

2 people like this.
  2. Guy Medley

Guy Medley Well-Known Member

I thought I read somewhere this was from a private Christian school somewhere. Maybe not. If thats the case, it's to be expected. But from a public school, my kids would no longer be going there. Faith is not knowledge, and the mixing of the two, as in the case above, is sheer ignorance. Way to prepare the kids for a life of faithfully flipping burgers and a dead end future.

3 people like this.
  3. JoeNation
    No Mood

It is indeed a Christian school in South Carolina. Why am I not surprised?

2 people like this.
  4. Guy Medley

Guess that "science" teaching gig is a piece of cake....anything you can imagine is true, no matter how far out it is.

2 people like this.
  5. JoeNation
    No Mood

It's almost as if knowledge is too burdensome to bother with for some people and they gravitate towards simple answers from the only authoritarian figures they know, the people that have no answers but faith in their calling. Faith and knowledge are not even in the same ballpark.

2 people like this.
  6. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

I disagree with your last sentence. The ignorant can reach astounding levels of success, even without the support of the circle-jerk culture expressed in the quiz.

7. Guy Medley

Don't get me wrong....I feel people can believe in whatever they want. Thats their choice. But, to subject fourth graders to this kind of garbage is akin to child abuse. Teach the kids basic science and when they are old enough to make rational decisions of their own, then they can decide for themselves whether to believe in fact or fiction.

2 people like this.
  8. JoeNation
    No Mood

True, but only if their last name is Bush. :D

2 people like this.
  9. JoeNation
    No Mood

Exactly! This is the famous "indoctrination" of kids that the Righties are always complaining about unless they are the ones doing it.

2 people like this.
  10. IQless1
    Blah

Therein lies the problem. Religions that ignore evidence to this extent are cults. As such, the school is indoctrinating it's "students", or perhaps more appropriately: flock.

11. Guy Medley

Yes, IQ, all we have to do is open the political section of the paper to see you are right, the ignorant somehow gather influence. But, they gather it from their fellow ignorant followers. The vast majority, however, will become the bottom feeders wondering where it all went wrong, why God didn't save them from the snakepits of life they threw themselves into.

12. IQless1
    Blah

Yet it does rely on specifics, as illustrated in the quiz. That said, yeah, piece of cake "job", or maybe more appropriately: "service to God, Himself!"

13. IQless1
    Blah

I was indeed referring to him. Nice catch lol

14. IQless1
    Blah

Takiji is going to have fun with this. He too loves religious people's bs ;)

Just for clarity: I am not mocking religion. Religion is belief, and we all have that. For example: You believe you are reading this. What I mock is ignorant people. In my example, you would not be ignorant, as the evidence supports that conclusion.

That is the point. Ignoring empirical evidence in favor of a belief that doesn't want you to pay attention to the things that can be observed and analyzed. Ignore too much stuff and you become a cult. Cults are the right-wing of religions.

15. IQless1
    Blah

Ignorance is bliss, until someone comes along to beat the snot out of it. ;)

16. JoeNation
    No Mood

What I find interesting about these "flocks" is that they are exactly the type of people that have backed dictators and fanatics that have caused world wars and bought into the dumbest beliefs even after their country was in ruins. It wasn't the intellectuals that bought the fear and propaganda Hitler was selling so much as it was it was the uneducated masses. Hitler himself wrote about using propaganda to fuel a popular overthrow of the government and he specifically said that it wasn't the professors that he had to convince but the uneducated Germans. Mussolini did exactly the same thing in Italy. Once they had consolidated power, they both combined the corporation with the government and Fascism was born. That is why these dumbed-down kids can be so scary. They'll follow anyone that says the word God to them. They are lemmings in search of a cliff to drive us all off of.

2 people like this.
  17. Guy Medley

Careful now. Before you know it the others will think theres some link between liberalism and atheism and some conspiracy theories will blossom in their heads, backed by something they saw on Fox. Could get messy.

3 people like this.
  18. IQless1
    Blah

I've worked as a janitor, mostly as a working supervisor, someone who not only directs efforts, but assists in the efforts. ;)

19. IQless1
    Blah

clembo, take a look at 11 and 12...."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"...breath in slowly, breath out slowly, it's OK bud....it's OK...it's just an indoctrinated kid :(

20. IQless1
    Blah

They almost got 15 right.

On average, the size of a dinosaur is pretty big, about the size of a rhino or so, maybe an elephant. The problem they are having may be the inclusion of small mammals into their belief. Prehistoric mammals are not dinosaurs.