Mitt Romney Campaign Tries To Physically Prevent Reporters From Asking Questions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, May 16, 2012.

  1. JoeNation
    No Mood

    JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

    I guess old Mittens has been put on a short leash. Too many stupid comments made by Mittens that were not scripted on a teleprompter have taken their toll. This is what you want, a guy running for present that will not talk to people that may report what he said. YIKES!!!!!!! :eek:

    Reporters covering Mitt Romney's campaign sent out a volley of tweets on Wednesday, complaining that they had been prevented from asking the presumptive Republican nominee questions at an event in Florida.
    Trouble between the campaign and the press apparently started at the beginning of the day. Sara Murray, a Wall Street Journal reporter, tweeted that journalists had been told they would not be asking any questions of Romney. "Isn't that our decision?" a reporter asked.
    Then, the press corps was told that Romney was having an off the record meeting with "middle class families." Politico's Ginger Gibson noted that they used to be able to see these meetings happen, but were now having their access cut off.
    Things only deteriorated from there. A public event followed the private meeting, and campaign aides tried to physically prevent reporters from asking Romney questions at the rope line where he was greeting voters. The reporters "refused to leave," in New York Times reporter Michael Barbaro's words.
    Video uploaded by CNN showed Romney aide Krista Warren saying, "We're not going to do this," holding her arms out to try preventing the reporters from getting to the rope line.
    ABC's Emily Friedman said that most journalists were able to get to the rope line, "despite USSS and campaign asking us to leave and stop," but that Romney still refused to answer any questions.
    Campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul later emailed Politico, saying there had been an "error" on the part of the staff.
     
    3 people like this.
  2. IQless1
    Blah

    IQless1 trump supporters are scum

    Well yeah, now that he's the "presumptive" nominee, all the "little people" reporters are a nuisance! Now, if they would only just report on words and deeds deemed favorable by the "anointed" one's campaign handlers then all would be well again.
     
    2 people like this.
  3. IQless1
    Blah

    IQless1 trump supporters are scum

    Imagine if that overly-religious fella, what's his name, Santa-rini? Sant-o-bot? SandyBeach?...whatever...imagine if he had become the presumptive nominee! Reporters would be beaten back by all the bibles being thumped off their heads! "Though shall not report thine nominee!"...:eek: It would have gotten pretty ugly by now!
     
    2 people like this.
  4. JoeNation
    No Mood

    JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

    They are shielding this guy from taking any "tough" questions from reporters traveling with him. How is this guy supposed to handle the president of Iran if he can't even handle reporters? This guy is hopelessly out of his element which is the local country club. No wonder all the other Republican candidates hated him for so long and with such red-hot distain. He is frightening.
     
    2 people like this.

Share This Page