Anyone drive a Toyota?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by David, Feb 4, 2010.

1. tomcorona

tomcorona Anti republican truther

If unions make you gag Jack...shouldn't the Corporate steam machine evoke the same sentiments? I don't see how much worse a union could be compared to the corporate fiasco we got going on today.

You're relatives may not work in China, but they soon might wish that they could with "American" (cough,cough) companies like WalFord.

2. arizonaJack

arizonaJack Well-Known Member

I dont see why you are so angry with corporate Amercia, I seriously dont.

I am a bluejeans t-shirt guy in a machine shop. Corporate American gave me the chance to succeed. I make about $XX hour ( including health insurance) , a high school grad with some college, mostly math and engineering. I get greasy and smell when I come home. I am married to an attorney, she makes triple my wage. I get better benifits. I work with better people, she works in a shark tank, I love my job, she hates hers. I dont get it TC. Why the anger at success?

If I had decided to take a job flipping tacos or burgers, that would be my choice. I just have a hard time with your anger at your nation. You did not get the same opportunities that I got?

TC, I work 40-50 hours a week, am not hurting, but I love what America gave me......why are you not? It reaks of unhapiness in your posts, you hate your situation. Lets ask ourselfs who is to blame for our situation.........our decisions or the government.......

We are now targets of our government for being " rich"......that pisses me off. Clembo has seen my home, we are not at all rich. We are just like you and your neighbor. Bills to pay, etc etc.

3. tomcorona

Well...no I didn't get the same opportunities as you seem to have gotten Jack, but that's really beside the point IMHO. You have small kids Jack? Ever wonder if there will even be a future in a few more years...maybe months?
    I do..on both counts.
    35 an hour..plus the triple 3 times 35) that your wife makes. That's 140 bucks an hour. That's just shy of 300 grand a year. No Jack...you're correct...you're not hurting and I don't guess you ought to be complaining. I might even become a republican if I made that. I'm angry at the routes one has to take in order to have a shot at success. You have to screw somebody else or know how to cut someone elses throat in order to have any hopes to "succeed".
    You misread the tone of my posts a bit I'll say. I make a fractional amount of what you make. But actually I am quite happy with my current circumstance, which me, and my family provide to each other. America didnt' GIVE me anything. Whatever I got, I have had to pay dearly for. I could make more if I'd be willing to stick someone in the dumper to elevate myself. It ain't worth it though. How long before the sticker became the stickee?
    Mostly I'm angry at corporate America Jack. The only thing corporate America does that I can see, it exploit people's lives for profit...that might not even be so bad if it weren't for the MEGA profit that it chooses to extract. In my lifetime, I've seen merger after merger producing hardship and downright poverty for an infinite amout of people and their families for MEGA profit. Used to be GM when I was young. No more, thanks to corporation greed. Used to be America was the pillar of the world. Now we're the ire of most of it and on the verge of war with virtually anybody at anytime, because war is good corporate business. Morals used to be a lot stronger than they are now for a host of corporate reasons. What's the debt equate to? 6 million every two minutes? Those numbers ain't sustainable. Something's wrong Jack..and I submit it's the corporate mentality of "more is never enough". Something's worng....and it AIN'T the folks that are on the receiving end of the corporate crime that are the problem. It's the corporations that are integrated in what is left of our society today.

Corporate America doesn't acknowledge the responsibility of the carnage it creates, and has no problem stomping on whoever need be to facilitate MORE. A fair days wage for a fair days work? What a friggin joke that is, whoever came up with that nonsense. Fact is we willingly participate in the rape of another class of folks and screw them or starve. Those are the choices. I don't like them. Corporations devour everything. One last thing that makes me angry regarding corporations. They are legally "a person" with all the rights (but NONE of the responsibilities of a person). That's frigging disgusting. It's a crazy...sick world Jack, and you're right. I'm angry. I personally can't wait till the whole house of cards comes tumbling down. We'll all suffer immensely for it, but perhaps society could redevelop and exclude corporations next time around. When it does...and it will...George 1 and 2, Bernie, and Jack (not you) can all play poker together in what used to be Walmart's parking lot before God's judgement came to pass.
    It's just a shame the good will have to evaporate with the bad. God will sort them all out though and I don't think he'd be impressed with corporations. Just a hunch IMHO. Maybe you'll hit 4 or 5 hundred K next year Jack. Good for you and yours. More is always better. Rome is burning my friend. Glad you're happy with it.

4. arizonaJack

I adjusted my wage to count for my health insurance and our meds, which is paid by my employer. My wifes insurance almost doubled recently after a heart surgery. Greedy insurance company, they spent 400K to keep her alive 2 years ago. I do live seperatly from her since Oct...I maintain a small 2 bdr apt these days. She lives in our house in Mesa.

Yeah, I do get the corporate greed thing tho...I work in a small 15 man machine shop as a foreman. Our customers are huge, they squeeze us daily. Funny thing is, our customers are part of the military industial complex......most are DOD and that budget just got slashed so times will get tougher I am sure. Have a daughter in the Navy, pray daily.

I am in a small biz structure, so I dont really know the rest of it, but I have worked at Ford as a kid in Detroit. Have also worked for Rockwell in CA.
    Dont be pissed at the wife tho, she spent 8 years in law school while we were out partying and chasing skirts. Education does pay off..........

5. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Have to agree with your last statement Jack my Mrs went to nightschool while holding down a job as PA to a MD of a law firm to qualify as a soliciter (Lawyer) and I worked all hours god sent to make sure we had enough, now she is doing extreemly well in a fair sized London law firm running her own department and making a very good wage. We own our own home plus have a holliday home overseas but we worked for it. On a personal note I cant work these days due to a illness that is slowly crippling me and guess what I get very little from the goverment because she earns too much!!

6. arizonaJack

Steve, I had no idea you were ill......my prayers are with ya brother. I mean that sincerely.

7. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Thanks Jack much appreciated :D

8. tomcorona

Education USED to pay off. It's a crap shoot now. Depends more on the current corporate agenda and what line of crap they're peddling or what they're stealing at the time.
    There's this movie I watched several times. This will sound silly but here goes.
    It's called "Tommy Boy". Very funny IMHO. The premise of it essentially, is the company gets saved from corporate America, gets a big contract and vows to "take care" of it's employees. To me, that's what America should be. Employers making a reasonable profit and taking care of it's employees, and the employees work hard for the company. IMHO...today...that's gone. Corporations are only interested in THEIR bottom line and could give two sh**s about you or yours. In fact...they'll cut your throat at the drop of a hat for MORE profit that some pig CEO promises to generate. That's very sad but that is America today. I have to live in it and play their game to a certain extent, but I don't have to like it....and I don't. If that's what you perceive as hate, well then you'd be correct. I hate corporate America. They'll be the death of us all in the not too distant future. They're simply all about MORE, just for the sake of having MORE, through the exploitation and the destruction of the LESS fortunate. The mess that exists today is a product of that kind of mentality.

9. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

What a cry baby!
    Want to talk about opportunity? I grew up very poor on a farm in Kentucky, none of the luxuries most take for granted. I paid my own way through college working 2 sometimes 3 jobs to be able to afford tuition, books, food & housing. My folks wanted to help but weren't financially able. I graduated in 4 years without a penny of debt & had a great job lined up. I worked for the same company (a major corporation I might add) for nearly 20 years, until I was in a position to leave the corporate life for a more simple existence. My wife is an accountant by trade but was called to teach children about 10 years ago.

10. tomcorona

He asked a question Bounty boy. I answered it.

I guess sniffing cow dung all those years accounts for your adolescent thought process.

11. David

Yeah, hard work & making responsible decisions is tough.
    It must suck to be you, tomc.

12. tomcorona

A "Davey style" response OF CUT AND PASTE. :D

13. David

Those were your EXACT words...nothing altered, nothing out of context, nothing twisted. Your own words are the best ammo against you!

14. tomcorona

Common sense is the best ammunition against you Bounty boy.

15. David

How would you know? Common sense is one of many assets you sorely lack.

16. tomcorona

How bout we do this Davey.

I'm NOT interested in ANYTHING you have to say. You're obviously free to post but please discontinue addressing me specifically. Talking to trees doesn't interest me. Address you empty headedness to somene else.

This way we can keep the insults to a minimum and someone else can engage you in a pointless conversation. I'm beyond being tired of your lemming mentality.

17. David

No, how about this:
    Answer the simple questions!!

If 9/11 was an inside job, does that mean you believe KSM is innocent?
    If 9/11 was an inside job, why isn't BO working to expose it?
    If corporate profits should be capped, what should the limits be & who should determine when enough is enough?

18. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

I'll answer the question. Name that last conspiracy theory that was proven right. Of course this wasn't an inside job. The most inside this job ever came close to being was the Saudis turning a blind eye to what they knew was going to happen. They figured as long as the Bush Administration wasn't going to engage in the Israeli problem, why should they bother alerting us to an act of terror on our soil. Think about it. Saudi Arabia is probably one of the most closely control societies on earth and they didn't know about 19 of their own citizens planning to hijack US airplanes? I think the Bush people got a lesson in world politics on 9/11 and 3,000 US citizens paid the tuition. This certainly wasn’t an inside job; it was the job of incompetence on the inside.

19. arizonaJack

To be clear, I do not think it was an inside job, but only that we were complicit. That we " did " is something I have not adhered to .

This thread is an ugly example of blogs. I thought we were better than that? If this is all that remains, fook it. I'll start my own blogpage on FB and filter out the Aholes.

20. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

I do not think we did it either. Did we turn a blind eye? Dunno. And - considering the incompetance, inefficiency and general inability of the government to see something coming that it hasn't seen come before - I doubt that is knowable.

Now...how did we go from Toyotas to more 911 (yet again)?