Anyone drive a Toyota?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by David, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Clown Hater

I posted a while back that the a person's opinion of the government largely determines how they will side on the 9/11 issue. Those that think the government is evil and powerful will use that core belief to emphasize the inconsistencies in the official story and believe that 9/11 was an inside job. Those that believe our government is incompetent will of course believe that the government simply dropped the ball and could not prevent the attacks of 9/11. These two posts seem to support my theory.

2. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

You guessed from my comments that I think the Bush Administration was incompetent? You must be a "sidekick" or something.

3. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Clown Hater

It was a simple observation, and frankly, one that did not deserve an insult in response. Furthermore, you can keep dreaming about me being your sidekick, as this is the one and only time I can remember us having a common opinion.

Additionally, I think our entire government is incompetent regardless of the current administration. Bush may have been the poster child for incompetence but he was not the root cause.

4. tomcorona

tomcorona Anti republican truther

Hey man...ask poster 37.

But I'll make you the same off I made before. I'll pick a point. You prove it wrong. I'll quit posting. Folks can't or won't..choose not to or whatever, so I keep posting.

Besides, sometimes it's fun showing SOME folks how ignorant they are, and most who post here are some easy pickins'.

5. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

I guess it's my fault.
    I was simply trying to get our resident conspiracy boy to man up & either defend or explain his litany of moronic proposals & irresponsible statements. Just doesn't seem that hard does it?

6. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

A theory, at least in my experience, has a testable hypothesis.

You hypothesis: "a person's opinion of the government largely determines how they will side on the 9/11 issue"

In my case, your conclusion is: "Those that believe our government is incompetent will of course believe that the government simply dropped the ball and could not prevent the attacks of 9/11"

This is like saying that those that believe in gravity of course believe that if they drop rock it will hit the ground. Not such a big insight if you know what I mean.

Here's the problem. I never said that the government was incompetent; I said that the Bush Administration was incompetent. They may have been one branch of the government at the time but my belief in the sound aspects of the rest of government remains. So I both believe in the evil of some aspects of the government and the incompetence of some aspects of the government. How does that fit into your theory?

You just will not find the type of absolute thinking you're demonstrating here in scientific methodology especially with an issue such as this with so many confounding variables that you seem to have ignored.

7. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Clown Hater

Hey Mr. condescending Academia boy,

It was a simple observation related to a completely non scientific theory. Nothing more! Not everything revolves around the processes found in your little college world. Those in the real world simply don't have that kind of time. Instead, we are routinely forced to make decisions based on incomplete information, using only experience and instinct. But I wouldn't expect someone who lives under the sheltered umbrella provided by Academia to understand any of that. So just keep on criticizing and lecturing those that "do" from your arm chair. You really are legend in your own mind aren't you?

8. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

I have no problems identifying my ignorance in the things that would 'prove' one way or the other in the discussion. I am not an expert in metallurgy or explosives or in felling buildings with explosives or in what happens when a loaded jetliner hits a building.

Oh sure, I could pick something and go read up on whatever is posted on the internet about it and argue one way or the other but...that is really ignorant in and of itself, I think. There is so much crap on the internet from 'experts' that it is really pointless to think I am going to prove what is, more than likely, unprovable.

The last time you posted about a conspiracy theory that I had not heard about (FEMA Camps) I went a lookin' on the internets 'bouts it and it was a typical experience for this here ignorant folk.

I found a scary video about a prison camp posted by someone. Then I found another video posted that the prison camp video was actually part of an anti-government propaganda film made by some right win militia nut in the 70ies. And that the prison camp was actually a train repair station.

Then I found a satellite photo of a FEMA interrogation facility and it was said to actually be an interrogation/prison camp in North Korea.

So, which is right? Barring going to those places, I have no idea. I know what I suspect is true and that is the most obvious (that the video and photo are fakes). But that is why I don't argue conspiracy theories any more. In those kind of discussions, if you find something supporting it, the conspiracy theory is obviously right. When you then find something contradicting the conspiracy theory, you have just been brainwashed by the man or are part of the conspiracy itself.

I am skeptical of the official 911 reports as I am of anything else associated with the government or those in power but am I arrogant enough to think I can prove anything one way or the other?...nope...I recognize my ingnance and inability to prove what I consider unprovable.

9. tomcorona

You'd be surprised what you can prove and can't prove Stu if you took the time to look. You don't...so you can't prove or disprove anything. You could start, if you had the inclination, with any of the links I've repetitively posted.
    You're predisposed to your opinion, so, like many others, you're not interested in disproving it. The deal with 911 is there's a whole lot of points that can be disproved rather easily. Proving how the jerks exactly enacted all the particulars is largely beside the point, as is trying to convince anyone of anything with 911 I guess. Twenty or thirty years from now, people will recognize history for what is was, similar to the realizations of JFK's assassination and it implications, or any other now known conclusion to history that people wouldn't acknowledge initially. Problem with this one is it'll be far too late at that point. Ignorance is indeed bliss I guess.
    I'm pretty tired of trying to point out the obvious too.

Think it's time for me to vacate this forum too. You all are so smart it makes me sick.

Later dudes. I can't take the mentality of this place any more. No more posts. You idiots win.

10. David

tomc has left the building....

11. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Can we please move this back to talking about Toyota and NOT 9/11

12. David

OK, back to Toyota....

I saw in the paper where it was reported Toyota products have lost 4% of their average blue book value since the accelerator issue was reported & may lose an additional 7% per month until all the concerns are handled. There was also a photo of a Toyota competitors lot. They had all of their used Toyotas bunched together, surrounded by police tape with a sign that read "Unsafe- Do Not Sell".

13. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

14. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

I've read plenty of links to 911 stuff on the internet (both your pro-conspiracy AND also debunking links) but I take it for nothing more than stuff I have read on the internet.

Funny thing you mentioned JFK, Just saw a special on TV about that particular conspiracy theory. One aspect was the 'Magic Bullet'. Come to find out, at least according to them, all the assumptions made about the relative positions on the car between JFK and Connolly were completely wrong.

They are always shown right in line with each other and at the same height when showing the magical bullet. They took a computer simulation from the book repository after making a 3d model of their actual positions (Connolly lower and off to one side) and, guess what, the bullet was not so magical. The bullet didn't have to stop in mid air and take a turn at all. It lined up.

There was also some disproving of the audio of the '4th bullet'. Come to find out, when you line up all the video from the different cameras in the same time synch...the cop who they said had his mike open and caught the 4th bullet wasn't anywhere near where they said he had to be.

Anyway, don;t expect any of that to change the mind of a conspiracy theorist but I just thought that was interesting since you brought up JFK.

15. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

Ahhhh...you are obviously part of the cover-up. ;)

16. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

What who's covering up toyota!!!!!!

17. tomcorona

The problem with Toyotas is much like a virus in your computer. The firmware has been breached/hacked.
    By whom?? None other than the new owners of General Motors!! The goal to cost them money and run them out of business. Convenient timing since GM sales are in the toilet. This is the way our government operates. By stealth. Good 'ole USA. The land of the mentally oblivious and stupidity.

18. David

BO?

19. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Clown Hater

Tom,

Are you seriously claiming that the Toyota problem is a right wing conspiracy or are you joking?

20. tomcorona

More like a stockholder's interest in seeing the now Government owned GM prosper. Toyota is their biggest competition. Right wing based no doubt, but more along the corporate interests, future stock sales of GM. I think the Toyota issues are manufactured or otherwise falsified for their benefit. Throw out some cash and destroy whomever and whatever you want. That IS the corporate way.

Edit: By the way..anybody thinks a Prius hybrid won't stop when the brakes are applied is smoking something. What's it a 2 litre?? I know I can take my Grand Prix and put a brick on the accelerator, go to 80,90,100..whatever. I put full pressure on the brake pedal...it's gonna stop. Not to mention sticking in neutral or turning off the ignition. That whole string of nonsense is a big fat crock. Toyota will eventually figure out who hacked what eventually...if they haven't already. Unlike Americans...the Japanese can be very resourceful in something other than extracting the most profit and selling prescription drugs. They'll figure it out. My next car will be a Toyota.