Anyone drive a Toyota?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by David, Feb 4, 2010.

1. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

That's okay- chalk up to another lesson learned for 'ol tomc. If you work hard enough you can get what you want!!

2. David

Great point. Everyone should be free to do want they want to do in their careers but they should also be willing to accept the consequences of their choices.

3. tomcorona

tomcorona Anti republican truther

No. You do a good job, and are expected to do more for nothing more and sometimes less. Your employer? You're nothing to him. A pesky nuisance unfortunate necessity. An expense. Hinderance to more profit. That's it brother. If you think you are more you are living in a dreamworld.
    Far as his name, you get to go home...bla,blah,blah. Hey that's cool with me. His business, not mine. Least that's honest. Just don't throw around catch words like "team", "teamwork", etc,etc. The only team is the team of dollars filling his wallet with underpaid exploitation. Don't give me this "Yay team...go team" poppycock that is fed to me like an eight year old child. Don't feed me this BS that we all have to work together, harder, we need more hours, and raises? No ...we all have to sacrifice crap. It's about the profit. It's about more profit. It's about MORE. That's all. I don't want to play the little game of work harder, you might get a raise. Horse poppycock. You cut this rate. You cut this benefit. You juggle the numbers around to make a big smokescreen. You squeeze and squeeze and squeeze. But all the employee gets is to keep his job till next week.
    How bout we do this? I work set hours to go with my set paycheck. We're even. You don't want to pay me any more than you absoltely have to and I don't want to work any more than I absolutely have to. There ya go. You want to fork over some of those hefty profits my way? You want to take an interest in how well I am doing? You want to share with me a fairer percentage of the profit instead of cutting? That's different. But you pay me considerable for MY "extra" tiime. After all MY time is all you leave me, and I place a high dollar amount on MY extra time. We owe each other NOTHING, SO long as you want to play this miniscule pay/maximum profit game. Get out of my face with this team crap. I ain't buyin' it.

4. David

Please show me where I mentioned "team" anywhere, I dare you.
    I believe, when you go to work, everything you do or say makes you either expendable or irreplaceable- I know, I look at employees that way & the employers I have worked for tend to do the same. I have worked with people like you my entire life, in fact we have people like you working for us now. You make the decision easy when it comes time to promote, retain or pass out raises. Blame in on management or make any other excuse you like, you determine your destiny by the things you do & say. I know your type...you're the last one to make it to work but the first one to leave...you're also "that guy", the one always bitching & moaning about how unfair the boss is but you'll never do anything to pitch in & make it a better workplace. Your type is a cancer to the company & fellow employees. In fact you are exactly the type of employee that needs a union to protect your job. Given your attitude, I would say you are your own worst enemy.

5. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

I agree. You don't hear me complaining about my choices in life. I chose my own way. I chose a job where I can go to work happy and come home satisfied. Beats the heck out a job where one goes to work angry and comes home bitter. Life is too short for that.

6. tomcorona

Yes better to be an ostrich than a squealing pig.

7. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

I've never made a lot of money but I do enjoy my job and do get a lot of satisfaction from it. In my own small way, what I do makes other people's lives better too. Some who don't have that much life left. And I chose the job I now have just for those reasons. No one imposed it on me. I see it as much better than going through life powerless, bitter and angry.

8. tomcorona

And I know you. You are the "stick a knife in the back of your fellow employee" to better yourself. You're the whiny little nerd running to your boss telling them anything and everything you can think of to gain some advantage over your "team mates". You're the guy who cuts out early after you dump your responsibilities on some other poor schmuck while you type out emails picking out things you can bust people's b*lls over to make yourself look like a good "manager". You're the first one at a meeting to takeover the floor finding new ways for your 'team" to be productive while you plan outyour two hour lunches for the next three weeks. You're the guy that unions keep people like me insulated from. I would say you are destined to be one of those Walmart managers leading the team cheers while looking for ways to slice their throats.

9. David

See, you're wrong again, but I guess you have become used to that, huh?
    It's been my experience that the the butt kissers & back stabbers don't get too far in business & if they happen to sneak through they don't have much staying power.
    If you are having difficulty at work I would suggest that you simply out work the other guys & do a better job. Improve your attitude, make decisions that make your workplace a better place and maybe, just maybe, the boss will give you a bit more respect.

10. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

When I was fit enough to work (oh and I do miss it) I was allways of the believe that the guy who was paying me desrved 100% of my effort & loyalty, and in return I expected them to be honest and Loyal back. I can quite happily say that in the vast majority of cases it worked, if I had a boss who was all take take I left simple as that.
    Should a boss make a profit, Yes of course he should it was his original capital/idea/drive that started the company, the one thing I have learnt is that the boss who treats his staff well is the boss who lasts the distance and will get the best from his workforce, be it something as simple as bringing in cream cakes on a friday, remembering someones birthday, buying coffee at the cafe before hitting the site. Dont expect them to be one of the boy's but human yes

11. vipergts2

vipergts2 New Member

I hate to come in and change the subject back to the OP, but as I work on and around cars for a living I find these posts fascinating.

To start with the Ford built with Parts from China, after a very quick search I found the the F-150 and Tuarus at least contain no less than 75% American parts, along with some Toyota's, Honda's, and Chevy's. And these are just top sellers that I found. Untill our labor costs go down and outside countries go up, I can't see a 100% American made car any time soon.

Back to the runaway Toyota's. I really think Toyota got a bad rap on this. One story in particular that got a lot of press. The guy said his Prius' throttle stuck for ten or fiffteen minutes and a cop had to help him stop the car. I doubt that could happen very seriously. For one, don't you think that in 15 minutes you could find nuetral. In the case of the hybrid, I am not sure you could just shut it off like a normal car but you can put it in nuetral. He claimed to pull the emegrency brake, which if he did and the car still sped out of control the brakes would have been fried, and there was no report that they were.
    And finally, the next time you are out driving down the road try this. Hit the throttle and the brake at the same time and see which wins. Any mechanicaly sound car that has not been modified has brakes that will overpower the engine. They are designed that way.
    I am not a Toyota fan, but I would not be afraid to buy or drive one.

Some of these problems would be solved if we went back to basics a little bit. To many computer controled sytems and to many feature that dumb down the drivers. Car makers and law makers are trying to take control out of our hands. Back up sensors, laser guided cruise control, proximety sensors, collision avoidence, and other gizzmos.
    all complex systems designed to save us from ourselves adding greatly to the cost of a new car.
    I think we should put or phones down and drive for ourselves again.
    Then maybe we wouldn't need electronic throttles that stick.

12. tomcorona

Didn't find anything in that post that I disagreed with......very refreshing.

13. barbaragreen90

barbaragreen90 New Member

I prefer to drive my Audi :)

14. neverlost

neverlost New Member

The Toyota looks funny to me and I have driven a Mazda for over ten years.