Anyone want to just talk a bit about life?

Discussion in 'Chatter' started by CoinBlazer, Sep 26, 2020.

1. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Now that the snow is rapidly melting Tink has been amusing.

It's cold enough at night that the top layer freezes so she goes "off roading" as it were.

What a relief for her I guess. More places to poop!

2. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

I used to have this golden doodle. She was the smartest do I ever had. She could learn a trick in 5 minutes and never forget. Just amazingly smart dogs. She was kenneled too long before we bought her and as a result, she would eat her own poop. I guess that is something they do when kept kenneled too long. When we got her, I tried to break her of the habit because it was kind of disgusting. I used cayenne pepper and hot sauce and every other deterrent I could think of but she kept eating her poop. I think she actually appreciated the spices after a while. Anyway, at one point I realized that I never had to pick up her enormous poops in the backyard and it was kind of working for me. I think she was the only dog I ever had that cleaned up after herself.

3. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Glad you got her out of the kennel. Why get pets if you can't take care of them?

My wife "rescued" Tink in a way and I did NOT want another dog., I'm an emotional mess when they die.

After we had our first dog Chinsu put to sleep (she was a Lhassa Apso Cockapoo mix) I had mentioned I liked Lhassa Apsos because they were small but rarely bark.

One day I got home from work and heard a dog barking inside. My wife was a pet sitter but she went to the dogs not the other way around.
    Sure enough we had a dog because I made the mistake of telling her I liked Lhassa Apsos.

After about an hour I told me wife that I kind of hated her but I loved the dog.

She found her on Craig's list. An older couple had gotten her and realized they spent so much time with the grandchildren that the dog wasn't getting enough attention.
    She spent the vast majority of her time in a crate.
    She hasn't been in a crate in the 10 years we've had her.

She rarely barks, is funny as hell and understands every word we say. Now as for listening to us she has selective hearing.;)