danish cartoons

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Hoody, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Hoody

Hoody New Member

Im really pleased to have had alot of response.
    Im glad that it is a rational debate going on in this thread, not a racist comment in sight.
    My point is that this is only making the intolerent show themselves to be what they are: unreasonable.
    My favorate comment is:What brings more prejudice against Islam, these caricatures or pictures of a hostage-taker slashing the throat of his victim...
    Its very sad to see such mad behaviour taking place in some places in the world, hope they set fire to their beards while they set fire to flags :)

2. chrisild

chrisild New Member

Well, the man who wrote that in his newspaper comment was fired and then arrested. What I find even more interesting is the role of those "extra cartoons": Some drawings never published by Jyllands Posten were added to the twelve by whoever in the Islamic world wants these riots and profits from them.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv....wxcartooncleric08/BNStory/International/home

"For his booklet contained not only the 12 depictions of the Prophet Mohammed that had appeared in the newspaper Jyllands-Posten in September. He also filled it with hideous, amateur images of the Prophet as a pig, a dog, a woman and a child-sodomizing madman."

This is not exactly news, but it seems that Mr Akkari now "regrets" what he did. Oh, great.

Christian

3. quick dog

quick dog New Member

I am pretty sure the whole thing was orchestrated the Iranians and Syrians. It really makes Muslims look bad and further widens the cultural gap between Islam and the rest of the world. Now all we need is a suitcase nuke in London, Paris, Berlin, Rome, Madrid, Amsterdam, or Washington D.C. That ought to seal the deal. :rolling:

4. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

I can understand why some people have taken offence to the cartoons.There has been calls from decent-minded Muslims for the violence to be ended,as there has been many historical depictions of the Prophet Mohammed.

Aidan.

5. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

There is a difference between simply been offended and going out burning down Embasies :D

De Orc :D

6. zaneman

zaneman New Member

I think if mohammad came back today, I'd punch him in the face. :D

7. mamooney

mamooney New Member

Here is a great link to some of the Anti-Jewish and Anti-Israel Press from our Arab friends.....

http://www.adl.org/main_Arab_World/default.htm

You won't believe how sensitive the Arab world can be to the Jewish People.

Remember....These comics were out before this Danish incident.

Go to your Army Navy Store and buy a Danish Flag. Maybe you can pi$$ some people off you pass on the street.

8. Bonedigger

Bonedigger Another Wandering Celt

I've got a Saudi Flag. I've been thinking about going into town and burning it. Might even make the local news, LOL :D

Bone

9. OldDan

OldDan New Member

Be sure an pull your ski cap down over your face and only have the eye hole to peer through while burning the flag. And don't forget to pound on your chest to show your awake while committing this act.:whistle:

10. mamooney

mamooney New Member

No women need apply....

You ever notice, women are never around in any of the flag desecrations or rally photos. In their culture, it seems that women are only equal when they become homicide bombers.

11. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

A better idea would be to rile their women up and sick them on the men. After so many years of being second class citizens, they must have a lot of anger stored up.

12. quick dog

quick dog New Member

No offense, but when I lived in SD, I don't think anyone would have recognized a Saudi Arabian flag. Even here on the elitist Left Coast, nine out of ten people would have no idea what a Saudi flag looks like. Now a Guatamala flag, maybe.

By the way, once the SD people concluded that it was not a 7th Cavalry battle flag, they might applaud your little campfire.

I was a defacto body guard for my Saudi friends when I occassionally went bar-hopping with them in Rapid City. I hustled these guys out of one particular cowboy bars when some rural folk started getting all stirred up. Then I thought that some of the ranch hands were pretty ignorant. Now I view them as visionaries. It was 1968-1070, after the Seven Day War and before the 1973 Arab-Israel War.

13. Krasnaya Vityaz

Krasnaya Vityaz Разом нас багато

Lately that has been a new tactic in bombings in Israel, women bombers, nobody expects it, so they have an easier shot at "success" of murdering innocent people.

At least in death all these bombers are equal, they all go to hell. Oh and don't think anyone gets 72 virgins either.

14. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

Cartoon drawing contest anybody???

15. Bonedigger

You should get back for a few days, it's a different place now. Just during the 19yrs we've lived out here (1987- ) I've seen drastic changes in the demographics, kinda sad. The Crystal Bar (where I bet you took your buddies) has been gone for 16 years and currently is a Coffee/Internet Cafe. Rapid City is considered the "Northern Santa Fe" by many now.

www.rapidcityjournal.com

Bone

16. zaneman

zaneman New Member

I think I'd also throw him in a vat of pigs blood.

17. budgood

budgood New Member

Here is a good place to find all 12 cartoons-

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004511.htm

The funny thing is that there are actually 15 that the clerics or Iman's brought back with them to start this whole charade . This is all a cover up basically to draw attention away from Irans nuclear ambitions. The whole protest uprising was a "Move on.org" type of campaign . Where in the world do a bunch of backward people get Danish falgs from? Could you just go out & get on fast if you wanted ? Iran ,thats who they had been shipping these out way before any of this even started.

Just my 2 cents-

18. Bonedigger

19. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

You of course realise that the Disney Corperation will be declairing a jihad on you now LOL watch out for suicide ducks :hatch: LOL

De Orc :kewl:

20. budgood

budgood New Member

Yes ,I am waiting for a cease and desist letter from them.:D