In the News

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Jake, Jan 14, 2009.

1. scottishmoney

scottishmoney ¿Quien sabes?

I know some ist religions as we grew up calling them, Baptist, Methodist etc. do use grape juice in place of wine. But the Catholics still use wine.

2. craig a

craig a New Member

They also condone molesting little boys, but that doesnt make it right.

3. craig a

craig a New Member

Relax, it was a joke.

4. scottishmoney

Problem is, Aidan had it happen to him. It screwed him up for the rest of his days.

5. craig a

craig a New Member

So he says. I blame all my problems on me. I dont point my finger and say becuase of this I am this or its your fault that I am this way. Thats something I dont get. If I guy commits a horrible crime and then claims its because he was smacked around by his dad or his mom never gave him any love, everyone shouts, ''you are to blame not your enviroment''. And yet if some one becomes a petty crook or and junkie and claims its becuase Father Mcnasty said open wide, every body goes..oh the poor guy. I mean get over it.

6. scottishmoney

Well Craig, it was over 35 years ago, and we did suggest therapy etc. But I think he would rather have the likes of us torturing his poor misbegotten existence, and some are rather too obliging to condemn his expendable self.

7. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

I dont know enough to comment on the individual , i agree theres too much of the trying to blame others for ones actions.
    Sick to death of people using claims of abuse as a child for how they turned out as adults.

However when it comes to the Catholic church and what they done to some of those kids , the guilty should have been hung out to dry in a prison with the rest of the paedophiles.
    The fact it was hushed up and preists moved on to new areas shows us the kind of Church we are dealing with.

Not my kind.

8. craig a

craig a New Member

I think Adian had problems way before He got it in the Rectory. Some people are just mean.

9. scottishmoney

Damned you!

10. scottishmoney

There were a few other little sex scandals here in the USA involving the Methodists and Episcopal churches too, but they were localised and hushed up pretty quick. The origin of the problem in the Catholic church is that they have unmarried and obviously unsatisfied priests that have to get it somewhere.

11. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

Its not just a US problem , same problems were rife in the UK but pretty much confined to the Catholic church.
    I dont buy the "preists are not allowed to marry and therefore.." idea , so they cant marry..big deal , its in the job description , so how does that suddenly turn them into homosexual child molesters ?

If somebody told me..look Jake , you cant ever marry , im not suddenly going to be attracted to little boys am i ? Unlikely , fact is id probably be more than happy to play the field with the women , prostitutes if needs be for discretion.

So i dont go for excusing the priests.

12. scottishmoney

People in prison make little girls out of boys all the time, nothing new. Why should the RC church be any different?

13. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

Because we are brought up to respect and trust the Church.They would have us believe this is not a commen problem.

Unless of course you are suggesting we put the RC Church on a par with the types one might find in a prison?

14. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

Sorry for the double posting

Leaving the RC's for a bit and getting back to the Calylee Anthony incident down in Fla.
    I dont represent anything ive read on the net as necessarily true but i do have a reputable source of whats viewed as fact.

Heres what i read that kinda blew me away.

Below is a list of the residents who live (along with the Anthonys) on Hopespring Drive. Notice that Kiomarie lives there (Casey's friend who wanted to adopt Caylee when Casey didn't want her but Cindy forbade it), as well as a Fredesvind L. Gonzalez, and a Zenaida Almodover. So in a way, Caylee was with Zenaida Gonzalez. These people live at 4701 and 4709 Hopespring Drive, and Caylee's remains were found right in between those two addresses.

For those unversed in what happened was the mother claimed the child was kidnapped by a nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez.As it turns out nearby neighbors have those names.

http://www.whitepages.com/search/Re...city zip=orlando state id=FL&localtime=survey

15. scottishmoney

Not the whole church, but certainly the offenders and those that covered the whole matter up.

16. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

Thats a slight problem , when you look at how it was covered up for decades , priests moved to new areas , denials.You pretty much have to go with blaming the whole set up.

17. scottishmoney

The leadership yes, but how about your little local parish that had nothing to do with it, but gets caught up in the mix, because their funds too are being drawn on for payouts?

18. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

Its the little local Parishes where things like this happened , whether yours or mine its the local neighborhood churches where the abuse occurs.

The leadership covers it up and issues denials.When an orginisation is rotten from the top down its only natural to condemn the entire set up.

19. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Ban organised religion

20. scottishmoney

My wife wouldn't let me put a little sign on our door -

"We sacrifice bible thumpers and religious nutwhacks once a solstice in a paganesque ritual pyre in our backyard".

I do not care for people trying to save my snarfy soul.