So, let's ALL discuss the other side of this issue . . .

Discussion in 'World Events' started by toughcoins, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

This will sounds harsh but it isn’t meant to. You have identified a problem. Everyone here would wholeheartedly agree with you. This is a valid problem. The reason that in your mind this isn’t going anywhere is because you have bought into the liberal concept that this is entirely a police problem. It is not just a police problem regardless of how well it has been portrayed as such by the meme media...... You know the reason you have never seen anyone arguing alone? It’s because you can’t. It takes two to argue..... I would suggest you allow yourself to look a bit more objectively at this. The reason people run from police or point tasers at them or get pinned to the ground is because more often than not.... They are criminals.... No, being a small time crook is not a reason to lose your life. But when you lie with the fleas.....

2. toughcoins

toughcoins Well-Known Member

I've been looking for data to determine whether the higher rate of killings by police in America is related to the crime rate in America. Said differently, I'm trying to figure out if the ratio of cop killings to arrests in America is in line with that of other nations, or if it is exceptionally high.

What I'm finding is that data which relates the two is conspicuously absent on the internet. Can it truly be that this data has not been measured and documented, or just that it is buried deep in the bowels of the internet where it is difficult to find anything?

I'll keep looking . . .

3. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I think what you are searching for is unpopular data in our current climate. Anyone that has data like that posted will be under duress by those apposed to it so yes it is well hidden. You won’t find that anymore than you will find data on the crime rate of fatherless boys. The only data we are supposed to see currently is anything that paints law enforcement in a negative manner.

toughcoins likes this.
  4. toughcoins

I was tryin' to appear even-handed, and there you went, stealin' the words right outta my mouth!

Mopar Dude likes this.
  5. GeneWright

GeneWright Active Member

Data doesn't care about politics.

Here you go:

[​IMG]

We're pretty middle of the pack for percent of population experiencing crime, which is a decent proxy for crime rates across multiple legal systems.

6. toughcoins

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  7. toughcoins

Okay, that helps a little. Now, knowing that the entire population of Western Europe is nearly equal to that of the USA, I'm very curious as to the total number of civilians killed by police in all of Western Europe.

8. GeneWright

GeneWright Active Member

Won't matter, both the civilians killed by police in wealthy countries and crime rate charts are adjusted per capita to account for population size.

There is something uniquely wrong with our system of policing. As for what it is, personally I blame guns. We have more guns than people in the U.S. I'd be interested to see if police killing civilians is higher in states with more guns per capita or looser firearm regulations, but I'm not sure that's readily available. I'll look into it.

9. GeneWright

GeneWright Active Member

10. toughcoins

The closer I look, the more I realize that data can’t be relied upon to calculate the desired ratios because it tracks “percent victims of crime at least once in a year”, which implies that regions with high repeat offenders are under-represented.

11. GeneWright

GeneWright Active Member

Partly true, that's why I called it a proxy though. And you have it backwards, it under-represents areas in which the same person is the victim of multiple crimes.

12. toughcoins

I was loosely associating one with the other . . .

13. toughcoins

Interesting find here . . . If you visit the following two links, both maintained by the same website ( https://worldpopulationreview.com ), works and the other throws an error, finding only advertisements, if anything at all . . .

1. https://worldpopulationreview.com/search/?query=Violent crime rates
    2. https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/crime-rate-by-country

You’ll note that the one which supports the liberal agenda comes up, and the one which might not . . . does not . . . It throws the error message instead.

Okay, I thought. I don’t need a stinking link to find the information I seek. I have the website already, so I’ll find the webpage from there.

Not so fast . . . The website itself runs just fine, but that particular web page has been taken down. A clear case of concealing information previously posted on line.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Mopar Dude likes this.
  14. GeneWright

GeneWright Active Member

Your URL was broken due to the nature of the database that website queries. Something on their back-end is broken. I think this is what you were looking for:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/violent-crime-rates-by-country

15. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

But that shouldn't stop him from dashing straight towards conspiracy theories where he and his ilk are the victims of the deep state, or the media, or the liberals, or any number of other shadowy forces lurking just out of sight ready to pounce on the unsuspecting chosen ones God himself has ordained.