Anyone but Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Takiji, Aug 28, 2011.

1. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

How about the fact he took a bad situation & made it worse? If there were any signs of improvement I might cut him a little slack. People who use the defense "he said it would take more than 1 term" to fix things are every bit to blame as BO is. The lack of accountibility demanded from the left is pathetic.

2. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

Okay, lets curb it a little shall we? Find me a politician who runs without claiming to know what our problems are and what might be required to fix them. I don't see Thug candidates (Thugs being the opposite of Dims) being particularly restrained about telling us what they think is wrong with the country and how not spending any money will fix it. I mean I don't even like Obama but I have to defend him in the face of nonsense like this

3. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

As opposed to what? Inheriting a rather good situation and turning into a disaster?

4. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

Actually, the problem is to find a politician politician who runs without claiming to know what our problems are and what might be required to fix them and then does something about it.

5. David

So BO can lie & it's oaky because you think other are guilty of the same thing? What happened to his pledge of being a new kind of politician? Guess that was a lie too?

6. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Prove he lied David, prove that at that time in history he did not have a clue what to do? I will agree that he lied about been a new kind of politician but as I allways say show me one who has never lied
    Talking about buying into what he said it seems that you are the one who bought into it, I for one never believed that he could cure Americas ills overnight any one else here believe that he could have done that?

7. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

What De Orc said.

8. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

(the sound of me noggin' bangin' against the computer screen)...oy!

I will admit that Obama severly underestimated the political machine, and overestimated his ability to rule over it, but I knew it was his ego talking ...and ego is a major aspect required in our presidents, isn't it? While some of the statements he made while running for office were political fluff, I found most were realistic. I don't blame him for emphasizsing his 'hope' slogan over the dismal prospects America faced either, as I understood it's political value, but he didn't 'sugar-coat' the problems America was facing either. I looked past the fluff, and found his overall understanding of the problems America faced to be accurate, though his solutions were vague (as were everyone's). Again, I cut him some slack there since the problems were still developing and there is no simple solution that could have been expressed. I voted for him for of his ability to understand a problem. IMO, out of all the candidates, he had the best grasp of the issues we were facing. "Old man" McCain never impressed me with having an understanding of anything, nor did Clinton... who believes what people tell her is politically correct to believe.

9. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

If he is doing so bad why is it that a majority of european banks are in the process of moving assets to the US rather than keep them at home? Today has been a nightmare on the european stock markets thanks to continued uncertinty about the economic stability in a number of euro zone countries, yet they still see the US as a safeer bet!

10. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC Donald Trump For President In 2020

WE didn't learn anything. YOU learned to do it my way.

You have a terrible habit of putting words in peoples' mouths. I never said Obama or the democrats were timid or weak. If America were attacked, I would fully expect Obama or the democrats to defend America. Thus far into Obama's administration, that hasn't happened (and let's pray that it doesn't). Attacking a sovereign nation who didn't attack us is just a little bit "war hawk-ish" wouldn't you say?

Hardly. Please educate us why Reagan bombed Libya. Was it for the same reason that Obama bombed Libya? Obama stated it was for "humanitarian reasons". Does that match Reagan's reason? I can already tell you that it doesn't. So, how in the world do you equate Reagan's bombing of Libya to Obama's? You can't.

If other nations felt it necessary to attack Ghadaffi, that's really their decision to make. If those nations hadn't been attacked by Ghadaffi, I'd have a very hard time rationalizing their action.

I'm also a realist. There's going to be violence, murder, infanticide and wanton slaughter in the world. Unfortunately, that's human nature. If the U.S. is going to take on the mantle of the world's protector, then we need to protect the entire world. Doesn't that make sense? Or are we just going to pick and choose which babies get to live or die? People were killed in Iran and we didn't do anything about it. People were killed in Egypt and we stayed home. People were killed in Tunisia and we watched it on TV. People are being killed in Somalia and we are silent. People are being killed in Syria and we're turning a blind eye. Where do we begin and where do we stop? Do you want to send the military into all those nations?

See my above post.

I don't think war is necessarily unavoidable. But, Libya was not a defensive action. If you have some inside information relating to Libya being a defensive action, please share it with us.

Yes sir.

Yes sir.

No sir.

Yes, warring and fighting is part of human nature. It would be foolish to assume that America will never be involved in wars again (especially, it seems, if the democrats are in charge). But, don't you think that war with another nation should be the absolute, final end to negotiations? Don't you think that we should try diplomacy first? At least, don't you think that our nation should be attacked first before we declare war?

Well, Darfur is waiting. So is Syria. Somalia, too. I heard some people were being killed in Rwanda, also.

11. David

Weeellllllll...he said he knew what our problems were & he knew how to fix them. (I told everyone here he was lying then, remember?) he was in office for a short period when he announced he didn't really know how bad things were> Remember? The left let him skate. He said he could fix our problems. He hasn't. Is that enough?

12. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

If thinking that you have the solution to a problem and then applying your solution and finding out that it doesn't work as you expected or that situation was worse than you thought makes one a liar then I'm a charter member of the club. Just ask my partner.

13. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

I wouldn't call Obama a liar in reference to his speeches about turning the economy around. I just think he didn't know what he was doing with the economy, he was misguided and tried what he thought was best. Unfortunately for most of us, his policies have failed so far, but the outcome was never really in question considering what his policies were. In 2012, we will just have to give a new person a try. But, next time, let's not be persuaded by a phony smile, peppy catchphrases and pie-in-the-sky promises.

14. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

Don't get me started. There's enough to criticize him for without calling him a liar over this stuff. That's silly. David, are you listening? Anyway, what would President CoinOKC have done under the circumstances?

15. David

Ok, I'll back off the liar talk but you'll have to concede (if he's not a liar) he's incompetent and that in itself justifies calling for him to be ousted in '12.

16. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

I think he's the wrong guy for the job. See the beginning of this thread. That doesn't mean that I think we'd be better off with old Uncle Grumpy in the driver's seat and Youbetcha Barbie riding shotgun. I think if we had elected those two, we'd be even worse off than we are now, but not by a great deal. Oh and I believe that Obama has lied at least once. But I'll have to go back and check to be sure.

17. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

No, I'm not going to fall into the trap of getting attacked by the liberal numbskulls on this forum and have to spend two weeks defending my position. Then after I've proffered alternative conservative solutions which make sense, the liberals refuse to agree (even if they secretly agree) then start throwing silly names out which have no bearing on me such as "Teabagger" or "Con" or "Right-wingnut" or some such.

18. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

After you've checked and verified, please tell us what you think it was...

19. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

Who you callin' a numbskull? And if I agreed I'd say so. And I think the Liberals here would too, based on my interactions with them so far.

20. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

I will. Although I doubt that it's on a level that would warrant much excitement or outrage on the right. But it pis... angered me.