Wisconsin recall?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rlm's cents, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Andy

Andy New Member

Walker comes off as a nazi to me and obama is not one of us if you know what I mean.

2. Andy

Andy New Member

Oh, yeah, does "highly educated" today mean that someone did alot of drugs when doing college.

and addressing Moen, who I have the upmost respect for but regret that he is an idealist following corrupt leadership. The President on paper only makes three hundred or so thousand a year on paper but as presidents they live as billionaires. Also everyone knows the real money in politics comes when you leave it. Carter sometimes gets up to a million dollar fee to give an anti=american speech overseas in the mideast and the last president that actually went back to the home he lived in before he became president was the great Harry Truman. As for the speaking fees, type in your favorite person under speaking fees and your search engine should lead you to the firm that is handling them and the fees. Of course some of them get special deals, like my favorite president who disappointed me at the end, Ronnie, when he took a million dollar speaking fee in Japan for a quickie speakie.

3. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

We have already done every suggestion you have made and more including letting building repairs slide, not replacing retirees, a hiring freeze, cut benefits, raises aren't even talked about anymore. It is just a matter of watching your buying power slip away year after year at this point. We also offer more classes online than ever before. There is nothing that you can throw out there that hasn't already been done or is in process. Higher Education is NOT a lucrative gig for anyone. Costs are being shifted from the state to the individual making it more expensive for everyone. That is the new reality and model of higher education these days. State schools used to be the inexpensive choice but those days are over.

4. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

I meant the president of our university.

5. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Do you honestly believe that Walker is a Nazi!! and that Obama is not a American!

6. Andy

Andy New Member

Moen, I have a bit of the ADD so I would have to admit that I sometimes do not read the entire post as carefully as one should. DE Orc, as for Walker, I do not percieve him to be a actual member of an active neo-nazi group but yes I think he has the mindset of one. As for obama, no he is not american nor does he believe in america. He would be happy to have the UN divide up the Western world's wealth and run the world with the hague under the direction of the saudi sunni emirs who are the protectors of Islam.

7. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Sorry but I certainly can not agree with you on either of those points! I have to ask this though you do realise that President Obama has overseen the destruction of rather a large number of Muslims in his 2 and a half years in office? and they have not all been of one sect either so how do you reconcile that with your claim he is taking orders from the Saudies?
    As for Walker having the mindset of a Nazi as far as I am aware he has not made any proclomations banning Jewish worship or the segracation of the races has he? he has not banned trade unions (tried to interfear with collective barganing is not banning) nor has he orderd the building of camps or introduced the ideals ugennics and the Aryan master race
    To my mind he is simply a politician who had a bright idea but never actualy thought it through and is too pig headed to admit it

8. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

Oops.
    What do you expect from a bill that took so much *whatever* to get approved in the first place? I hope everyone remembers the special deals made for some states (that increased the cost for the others), the exclusions from the scheme some were given in order to have them publically support it, Pelosi claiming we "have to pass the bill before we know what's in it", BO claiming "it musta been slid in there" when his lies about keeping your same doctor were exposed, Paul Krugman admitting taxes would have to be raised in order to sustain the massive costs of Obamacare....need we go on?

2 people like this.
  9. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

I would expect premiums to raise significantly whether the Act was here or not, that's what premiums do. In 1998 my premium was $650. Two years later it was $1500. I have no idea what it is now, only that it is out of reach and unreasonable. I strongly dispute that the act had much to do with rising costs since the costs would rise anyway without the act.

10. IQless1
    Blah

Insurance companies are laughing all the way to the bank on this one. They haven't seen such profit potentials since insurance was required for vehicles. They can raise, raise, raise the premiums for any reason they want to and reap massive profits... who's stopping them? "Affordable Care Act? Awesome! Let's raise the premiums!" "The Act was defeated? Awesome! Let's raise the premiums!"

You want to complain? Complain about the source of the increases, complain about the insurance industry. They are *poof*ing you and laughing all the way to the bank.

11. David

...but the whole premise behind the "act" was that it lowered costs, that's how it was sold to the public. Did BO lie again?

2 people like this.
  12. IQless1
    Blah

I disagree that the whole premise behind the Act was that it lowered costs, though can agree it was a selling point. Insurance companies don't care what the reason was behind the Act, since it's been passed they can look forward to a massive profit potential.

13. David

What part of the "Affordable Care Act" wouldn't lead you to believe the premise behind it is to lower costs?

2 people like this.
  14. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

The person(s?) who name it is the part that led me to believe costs would go up!

15. IQless1
    Blah

It isn't about lowering costs, it's about providing affordable insurance to those who are currently unable to purchase it. One of the 'selling points' though was that it should allow insurance companies to lower costs for all, since more people would now be buying it, which ignores the history of how insurance companies operate. They view lowering costs as a profit loss, and it is extremely unlikely they would actually lower the costs without a law or regulation saying that they must.